job

I finally signed the contract.

A 2 year modeling contract under Esteem Entertainment, which SM Entertainment have a strategic partnership with.

Mr. Park pushed his intercom and spoke, "Bring in Ms. Wood."

After he said that, Mr. Park's assistant opened the door and a woman, looking like in her 30s, walked in.

"Jisoo, this is Georgia Wood, your manager." Mr. Park gestured Ms. Wood to stand closer to me

"Good morning, Ms. Kim. I'm Georgia. You can call me George." she smiled and held out her hand

I stood up from my seat, touching my wristwatch as I was nervous, "Hi. I'm Jisoo Kim. Nice to meet you."

After the brief meeting we had, Ms. Wood and I went to her office to talk about my schedule.

Inside her office, Ms. Wood let me sit on the couch to while she gets the papers on her desk.

"Ms. Kim, since your modeling career's sudden boost, different clothing brands and magazines have already lined up for you, you didn't even have a modeling agent yet."

"What happens now, Ms. Wood?" I asked, still processing the situation

"Just call me George, please. No need to be formal. Being called Ms. Wood makes me feel old, to be honest." she chuckled

"Alright then, George" I grinned as she did too

George introduced me more to my job. She told me that it is her job to keep in close touch with model agents to ensure what I'll be doing. Sometimes she could also set up an audition for me, but she emphasized that is not what managers really focus on since that's the model agent's job.

"You have to have your photos for your portfolio soon, Jisoo." George let me see the papers she's holding, "Your first photoshoot will start the day after tomorrow. Be ready."

"What am I supposed to do now?"

"You can go home now if you want."

"Do you have anything to do after this?" I gave her back the papers after seeing them

"I have to find you a model agent."

"Will that take long?" I pouted and she raised an eyebrow, "Let's go eat lunch together. Let's get to know each other!"

She looked at me, as if judging me, but she slowly nodded and placed the papers back on her desk. "Come on. I'll drive."

George and I went to a restaurant near our house so that she could also drive me home after. 

When the food came, I eagerly ate the chicken.

"Don't eat too fast or you'll choke." George looked at me, "And please, eat more gracefully when in public. You're practically famous now."

"I'm sorry" I put down the chicken I was devouring, "I can't help it when it comes to chicken"

"Just don't do it next time" she smiled

"So, George, how long have you been a manager?" 

"You're actually just my second one." she smiled but then frowned right after

"Who's the first?" I asked in curiosity

"I'd rather not talk about her, sorry." she drank her water

"Oh," I said, "It's ok. Your turn to ask me." 

"What brand do you want to be a model on?"

I looked up, trying to think what company I really want to work with but failed, "I don't know. Anything, I guess."

"Even when you're told to model in an underwear?"

I cringed,, "Except that one. I'm not really comfortable with that."

George nodded, "At least I know what you want."

"How old are you? If you don't mind me asking hehe"

"I'm 32." 

I gasped, "Daebak! You don't look like your age, George."

"I get that a lot" she winked at me, sipping her water

We spent our time talking to each other until George's alarm went off, meaning that she has to go back to her office already.

As we were on our way to my house, my phone rang. I checked my phone, only to see my boyfriend calling me.

"Yes, Tae?" 

"Kimchiii!!" his voice sounded excited but changed back to being low when he said," where are you?", probably hearing the music inside George's car, which took me a few minutes to convince to play something as we travel

"I'm on my way home." I answered, "You?"

"Studio. Practicing. It's our break now." he said, "You answered my call when you're driving?"

"Ani. I'm not the one driving."'

"Who are you with?" his tone sounded dead serious all of a sudden

"George" I chuckled, looking at my manager, who glanced at me too before looking back to the road again

"You're with a boy? that's not Jinyoung??"

I knew it. Tae's getting jealous again.

I laughed, "George is a girl, pabo!"

"Send me a picture of her then"

I looked at George and asked, "Can I take a picture with you?"

George sighed and nodded, not looking at me.

I did what Tae told me and sent it to him.

"Is that your manager?" he finally got the situation

"Yes. Pretty, right?"

"Ani. You're the one who's pretty." he chuckled "Tae, break's over! Pali!" I heard Jin say on the other line

"Well that was fast." I frowned, "Take a long rest after your practice, ok?"

"Yes, ma'am. Jimin and I will be in VLive later. Watch us! Nyeongan, saranghae!" he quickly said and hung up before I even got to reply

"Boyfriend?" George asked

"Just a friend." I lied, still not able to trust my manager

Ever since Mr. Park told me about the two company's feud, I decided not to trust any staff about my relationship with Taehyung; only my family and friends have the right to know about the truth.

--

Afternoon came, Katie and I were in her room to watch the boys.

Jimin and Hobi were there first, talking, until Tae came in and sat between the two.

He smiled at the camera, making Katie squeal, "Your boyfriend looks handsome. I want one too!"

"Ha, you wish!" I told her

"Why is he wearing hia watch? Isn't it past midnight there already?"

I looked at the screen, seeing Tae adjust his watch around his wrist. I smirked, knowing that he wanted to show it off to me.

"We have the same wristwatch."

Katie looked at me, amused, "He bought you one?"

"It's a couple watch from Cartier. It's his gift to me for my first job." I proudly said

"That's so sweet!" Katie mused, "I knew V would be a sweet boyfriend."

"How?"

"He's already sweet to his members, what more when he has a girlfriend, right?"

"Huh" I said, realizing what she meant, "That's a valid and accurate assumption."

"Just don't get tired of each other when both of you are busy already, please."

I smiled, "I won't. But let's just see what fate has for us."

"I swear to God, unnie, don't ruin my ship."

"I won't, geez, Katie."

We both laughed and proceeded to watch the three boys doing their live.