realizations

"Taehyung, I'm so exhausted," I told him when he videocalled.

"Jimin told me about what happened at your school. Chaeyoung really said that you have a boyfriend, huh?" he said, smiling teasingly.

I nodded. "Then Jinyoung and Parker couldn't speak. It was really awkward."

"If I knew that telling them you already have a boyfriend would make them go away, I should have already told them about us."

I gasped. "You. wouldn't. Dare."

"I'm kidding," he laughed. "At least they're gone now. I won't be jealous of anyone anymore."

"Wow. You spoke in English. All those English lessons with Namjoon paid off, huh?" He nodded proudly. "Anyway, what should I do with Jinyoung?" 

He looked at me momentarily before answering. "Talk to him if you want. He's your best friend anyway. But please don't hold back with what you're going to say to him. He deserves to be called a jerk with what he said about your friend."

I smiled, touched by how Taehyung also considered my friends' feelings. "I won't."

He sighed heavily. "Why are you so pretty that I have to compete with a lot of people?"

"That's just two boys. What about my competitors with you, Mr. Most Handsome Face of 2017?" I teased him.

He blushed. "You've done your research about me now, Chu. That's cute."

"I didn't research about you, feeler," I stuck my tongue out. "Katie told me."

"Ah. Here I thought you were already interested in me," he pouted.

I laughed. "I want to know more about you without searching or reading articles that may be true or not. I want you to tell me about yourself, just like how I tell you about me."

Taehyung grinned. "That's what I was planning to do anyway."

"But I watch Run BTS! Episodes when I miss you. I miss how competitive you are!"

"Yeah. We haven't played online games for awhile now. Want to play now?" he asked.

Playing online games is another similarity we discovered about ourselves. However, Taehyung is way better than me, he doesn't even let me win whenever I badly want to. That's how competitive he is.

Still, I love the guy.

"I'd rather watch My Hero Academia first. I'm still at season 3 and the season 4 premiere is nearing already. I don't want to be late."

Taehyung and I discovered that we both watch anime when we don't have anything else to do. I opened the topic after I watched a Run BTS! episode wherein they're in a manga cafe.

"You want me to spoil you?" he made a face, teasing me.

"You want me to get mad you, Kim Taehyung?"

"I was just kidding. Geez."

"By the way, my graduation day is on the last week of June. We have to start practicing next week," I told him.

"Last week of June?" he said, thinking. "Okay."

"What's with that reply?" I asked.

"Nothing," he immediately replied.  "Our manager said that we're busy for the whole month. So I could just call Katie and let me video call her when you're onstage."

I think my heart's going to burst any moment now. He thought of a plan to watch me on that big day so easily, I can't fathom how sweet he is. "Or you could just let her send you a picture of me after the event so that it won't be much of a hassle for both of you."