decision

On the day of Taehyung and Jin's enlistment, I received texts from my friends.

I didn't reply to any of them as the pain I'm feeling right now doubled without Taehyung's messages or calls

I didn't reply to any of them as the pain I'm feeling right now doubled without Taehyung's messages or calls. I didn't watch the news or check online articles about them either, trying my best not to bother myself thinking of him when he couldn't even leave me a message before he begins his military service and won't see me for 2 years.

On the other hand, the boys didn't answer my texts and calls until a few days after Jin and Taehyung's enlistment.

Jimin was the first one to call.

"Soo, I'm sorry we couldn't reply to you. We were just busy practicing the whole day yesterday after we drove Tae-" he stopped himself, "them.."

"I see" I replied, ignoring the fact that he stopped himself from saying Tae's name, "It's okay. You don't have to explain."

"How are you feeling now?" he asked

"Tired. Broken." I admitted

"I'm really sorry, Jisooya. We're planning to go visit you after we talk to our manager."

I quickly shook my head, "You don't need to do that. Just focus on your work and I'll just focus on mine to forget about my problems."

"But Soo, Chaeng also wants to see you." he said

"She's busy with her own work as well, no need to bother travelling here for me."

Jimin sighed, "Araso. If that's what you want."

"I have to go now, my lunch break's over." I told him, "Bye Jiminie!"

"Bye Sooya"

I sighed heavily and got back to work.

I was about to go home when a co-worker said that Mr. Park wants me to come to his office.

"What for?" I asked him

"I don't know. Just go." he said and ushered me outside

I knocked the door twice before opening it. There, I saw Mr. Park and Jinyoung talking to each other. I had to clear my throat for them to notice me coming in.

"Sooya" Jinyoung said when he saw me

"Do you need anything, Mr. Park?" I asked his dad

"Sit."

Once I sat in front of Jinyoung, I looked at them, waiting for what they wanted to say.

"Jinyoung said that you need to take a break from work." Mr. Park finally broke the ice, to which Jinyoung nodded

"Actually, I really wanted to ask that from you. I just didnt know if my reason is valid enough." I said

"Of course it's valid." Jinyoung said

"But I have an offer." Mr. Park said, "And it's up to you if you want to accept it immediately, a few weeks or months from now, or not at all."

"What is it?" I asked in curiosity

"I'll give you your own time to take your break. In return, you'll be transferred to SM Entertainment's Korea branch. Jinyoung said that all your friends are there and that you wanted to get out of here because of Soo Min."

I smiled tightly before saying, "I'll think about it."

"Of course" Mr. Park said, "Talk to me if you want someone older to give you advice. Don't listen to my son, he's weird most of the time."

"Ya! Appa!" Jinyoung protested, "Come on, Soo. I'll take you home now."

I bowed in front of Mr. Park before we went outside his office.

Dinner with Peter and Katie still was quiet, although Katie always tried to brighten up our mood.

After eating and washing the dishes, I went back to my room to continue reading eomma's diary to prevent thinking about Mr. Park's offer , with Dalgom sleeping on my lap.

"Wish I'm as peaceful sleeping as you, Dalgom."

---

2 weeks have passed since mom's death and Taehyung's enlistment.

Beside me, Katie and I read eomma's diary. I've already gotten to her recent entries, which also talked about Katie and Peter.

I've fallen for Peter but I can't seem to forget all the things Young-Soo and I did when we were still happy. I know I love Peter, I really do, but the pain Young-Soo gave me still lingers inside me. I don't know what to do about it again.

"I knew mom loves dad and I" Katie said, smiling while tears poured down her cheeks

"Come on, Katie. Get ahold of yourself." I told her

"Funny that it's coming from you, sis. You're a bigger crybaby than I am these days." she said and we laughed

"I'm really sorry for Peter." I said, kidding aside, "I saw how in pain he was when he heard the news."

"He cried a lot on the first week," she said, frowning, "Anyway, you're almost done reading the diary. I'll let you read it in peace.", she left me inside my room

I'm glad Jisoo finally got out of her comfort zone. Thanks to Taehyung that she realized how good the world can be to her if she just believe in herself and her capabilities. Since I talked to Taehyung, I knew then and there that he'd be with my Jisoo when she needs him. I even made the boy promise to be with her when she asks him to. It was only a joke but he immediately agreed to it, what a sweet young boy. I hope he sticks to his promise or else I'll haunt him when I'm gone.

I just wish my Jisoo will accept more opportunities without thinking about me. Her skills are better now so I'm confident that many more will offer her jobs around the world.

To my Jisoo, when you finally read this, I hope you're happy with what you have now and continue to strive harder for your goals. I know you'll make it.

I cried myself to sleep after that.

Almost half a year have passed and with Mr. Park giving me time to breathe and rationalize my thoughts before going back to work, I finally knew what I had to do.

I walked with George, who volunteered on her own to still be my manager, and stopped when the press started taking pictures of me. I tried to smile at them before I proceeded walking to the car waiting for us.

Inside the car, I called a friend.

"Jungkook ah?" I said as he answered

"Hi noona! How are you?" he enthusiastically replied

"Are you busy?"

"Why?"

"I'm on my way to Korea." I said, "Mind giving me a tour?"