let me know

There was a slight commotion around our table after what I just did.

Two staff standing near our table immediately hovered behind me, checking if I was okay. Honestly, it wasn't that painful. More importantly, the attention I was getting right now for a slight burn was too much for me.

Parker immediately took my hand and checked. It was red from being slightly burned.

"We should get you to the doctor," Parker said, standing up.

"It's just a slight burn. I'll just wash it in the restroom."

"Are you sure? We can just reschedule our dinner here and let you get checked." Lisa said worriedly.

I shook my head. "Really, guys. This just needs water. I'll go now."

"I'll come with you," Jinyoung said.

"Stay here. Order food for me, will ya?"

I made my way to the restroom, ignoring the eyes looking at me. As soon as I got inside, I heaved a sigh and proceeded to bathe my hand with cold water. When I felt like the burning sensation minimized already, I opened the restroom door and gasped.

"You startled me," I said and covered my face with my hands due to embarrassment.

He didn't acknowledge what I just said. Instead, he took my left hand and checked it. "Are you okay?"

"I'm alright," I simply answered him, not looking him in the eye. He was wearing his mask again, but people in the restaurant who had already seen him would immediately know it was him with me if they went to the restroom.

"Jisoo," he said."Why are you avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you," I answered, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Then why don't you look at me?"

With his deep voice, I can't help but do as told. "Taehyung, why are you here with me? Go eat with your friends."

"Answer me first."

I sighed. "I didn't think we'd meet again. We're not even friends, why are you so beat up about it?"

He stared at me with his blank face. I really can't understand him with that favorite blank expression he does. Finally, he let go of my hand and smirked. "I thought that we were friends. I guess I'm wrong then." After saying those, he left me standing outside the restroom.

I went back to my friends a little while after Taehyung left me.

I was really bothered by what he last said. He actually considered me as a friend, even when we just met yesterday. We barely spent 2 hours with each other.

My friends and I started to eat when I came back. BTS was still filming on their table but I could see that Taehyung's vibe wasn't as good as what I saw when we first came in. Jimin was even trying to talk to him discreetly since they were sitting beside each other, while the others seemed to be laughing about something Namjoon said.

"Stop looking at BTS, Veronica. They might notice you," Ella whispered.

"Wouldn't it be better if they noticed us? I mean, they're so famous, I'd want someone like them to notice me, to be honest," Jennie said.

"I want to take a picture with Jimin," Chaeyoung said, looking at the boy whispering to Taehyung.

"Look at those two having their own world," Lisa said and smiled dreamily.

"I ship Vmin. I'd never ship them with anyone, not even to you, Chaeyoung," Jennie said, sticking her tongue out to Chaeyoung, who then smacked her arm softly.

"I ship V with JK but I also ship JK with me," Lisa said and giggled.

"Ship V, Jimin, and JK to whoever you want. I especially like to be friends with Jin, he's funny." This time, it was Ella.

"Girls, we're still here," Jinyoung butted in.

"Good thing Jisoo doesn't like them," Parker added, smiling at me.

"Please, they won't even notice me even if I'm in front of them already," I lied, laughing nervously.

The whole time we were there, I secretly glanced at Taehyung. The boy still wouldn't laugh even when the others were doing so. Did what I said hurt him that much?

I panicked when they started to get u. They were leaving already and with what I saw the whole time they ate, I felt really bothered.

When the whole crew was about to go, I took my phone out and placed it on my ear.

"Mom, I can't hear you. It's too noisy here. Wait," I said, my friends looking at me.

I signaled them that I'd go out to continue my call. 

Once I stepped outside, the night chills greeted me. Frantically, I looked sideways to see where the group was headed. 

To my right, I found the seven members walking together, their caps and masks already hiding their faces. Their crew was nowhere to be found either, so they probably had different cars.

Without further thinking, I ran and followed them.