busted

"Kim Taehyung?"

I instantly hid my phone from the person who just entered my room.

It was Chaeyoung.

"Jisoo, who are you talking to?" she asked, walking slowly towards me.

"Chu, did you turn off your camera?" Taehyung asked.

My palms were sweating from the nervousness I was feeling. If there's anything that I'm not good at, it's lying.

"Was that THE Kim Taehyung?" Chaeyoung whispered, shock still evident in her tone.

"Chichuuu," Taehyung said.

Can this boy stop talking for a minute?

"That's him!" Chaeyoung said.

Just then, another person opened the door and Jennie's head came in.

"Food is here already. Come out of your room now, girls," she said.

"We'll head out soon," I said, to which Jennie nodded her head before closing the door behind her.

I looked back at Chaeyoung who was still waiting for an explanation.

"Jisoo, you already sleeping?" Taehyung spoke from the other line again.

"We have a problem. I'm sorry," I told him and let him see Chaeyoung standing near the foot of my bed.

"Oh. Hi," Taehyung greeted casually.

Chaeyoung covered her mouth before saying, "Oh my gosh!!! It's really him!!"

"We were just watching your vlive in the living room and now you're talking to our Jisoo!"

"Keep your voice down, Chaeng. Please."

"Sorry," she said softly.

"Hi. My name's Kim Taehyung although you already know who I am," Tae introduced shyly.

"I'm Roseanne Park. Call me Chaeyoung, Chaeng, or Rosé. Whatever you want it."

"Chaeyoung then," Taehyung said formally.

"Care to explain how did this happen?" Chaeyoung asked.

"We met at the festival."

"Don't tell me you were the one who helped him?" Chaeng asked in disbelief. I nodded. "Wow! What a small world!"

"I know," Taehyung agreed.

"She's the one you were talking about a while ago." she mused then softly smacked my right arm. "How dare you not recognize that face!" she pointed at my phone screen with Taehyung smiling at us.

"She even told me she likes our music but then doesn't recognize my voice right away," Taehyung added.

I gasped dramatically and looked at him. "It was because I'd only listened to your songs the night before the concert."

"Ooh, the power of Jinyoung and Katie really got you back in the Kpop world."

"I know, right?" I said, agreeing.

"I thought you didn't have time to date?" Chaeyoung faced my phone screen. "How come you're calling each other? And I thought you were going to call your mom!"

"Easy there, Chaeng." I said, giggling.

Taehyung put a hand on his nape and licked his lips. "We became friends after that."

Chaeyoung gasped and looked at me. "You are so lucky! I hope I also came with you to meet Jimin!"

As if on cue, someone came inside Taehyung's room and sat beside him.

"Live's over. I'm tired now," he told Tae, not noticing us.

"Uhm, Jimin, meet Chaeyoung," Taehyung told him.

Jimin froze and slowly looked at us on Taehyung's screen while Chaeng tried hard not to smile. "Hi," Jimin greeted with a nervous smile.

"What's wrong with you?" Tae whispered to him but we heard it anyway.

"Hi. I'm Chaeyoung. Or Chaeng.. Or Roseanne, or.. Rosé," Chaeyoung nervously said.

Jimin smiled, amused. "How are you, Rosé?"

Taehyung and I caught each other's eyes, both amused at what was happening between our friends.

"JISOO AND CHAEYOUNG! COME OUT NOW!" we heard Lisa's voice outside.

The audacity of this girl. It's like she's older than us! We're not mad though, Chaeng and I are used to it by now.

"Coming!" Chaeng shouted.

"We have to go now. I'll chat when we're done or JUST GO REST ALREADY, BOTH OF YOU," I said in a hurry.

"I'll wait til you're done then I'll sleep," Taehyung said.

"See you next time, Rosé! Annyeong!" Jimin butted in, waving goodbye to my friend as if I'm not also seen on the screen.

"Please don't tell anyone about this to save Jisoo from the public," Taehyung told Chaeng

Chaeyoung nodded. "I promise." 

"Thank you," Taehyung and I said.

Taehyung ended the call as Chaeng and I went outside the room to greet our hangry (you know, hungry and angry) roommates.