...Prologue..

Michael glanced at his watch, seven thirty. He was late. Olivia had been waiting since four thirty. How could he have forgotten he had to go and and pick her up? It was no use now, the shop would have closed at six.
Olivia had told him she wanted her wedding dress custom made for her. She had beamed with delight saying it would be as if she was wearing a Cascade of silver water and everyone would know she was a wife of a billionaire. Olivia was expensive, very. Michael remembered she had always been that way since the first date and she was taking that to her marriage. He had loved her just like that, she suited his status and bed. Blonde hair, honey skinned and a killer body. And the long tanned legs, what else would a man want?

*. *. *. *.

Michael's Rolls Royce pulled into Olivia's driveway at seven o'clock. He took the flowers he had got for her and went to the door. It was always going to be a mystery to him why Olivia had refused to move in with him when they had got engaged. She had said something about her modelling agency God knows what, he had been too pissed to listen.
He did not knock, why would he? Olivia was not in the kitchen making a smoothie like he expected. He went to her bedroom and braced himself for the angry outburst from his fiance.
"Who, Mike? No he probably thinks I'm mad at him so I doubt he'd come here" That was Olivia's voice coming from her bedroom.
Michael wondered if she was on the phone.
He pushed the door wide open. It was a gruesome discovery, a sorry display. Olivia lay there, on the bed naked with some guy. He was good looking to Michael's disgust. Olivia yanked the sheet to cover herself.
" Michael baby..."
" What? Are you going to tell me this is not what it looks like or you are going to admit you're cheating on me?" His voice was shaking with pure rage.
" Baby listen..."
" I'm not your baby!" Michael threw the flowers at the guy she was lying with. He wanted to kill him. " You're a damn bitch!"
" This is your fault, I was lonely. You act like you are engaged to your job. It's all you fault!" Olivia accused him.
" So why did you stick around huh? Weren't you lonely without me?"
" You're rich aren't you? That is why" Olivia replied him. The guy he lay with was too scared to utter a word.
" How dare..."
" I'm a bitch aren't I, Michael?"
Michael stared. This was not what he had bargained for. He had spent two years investing in this relationship. He wanted to choke her dead. But he was better than that. He left her house. They were done.

"You're saying Olivia ..."
" Ned, what part did not reach your ears? I told you as it is!" Michael shouted at his friend.
"Wooh sorry, man. I just wanted to be sure. You'll get over her don't worry"
" I'm over her!" Michael said with vehemence.
" I mean there are tonnes of fish in the water" Ned remarked.
" No, that's it. I've had enough. No more falling in love and no more commitments, ever" Michael said and sipped his beer.
" You can't possibly be serious" Ned said with a laugh.
" I am". He was.