Chapter 19 - Dreams

I wanted to thank everyone who is reading my story. I appreciate the comments, the help, and the votes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Please vote & comment. Thank you again.

After I got ready for the day I went to start breakfast. The only problem with my idea of making breakfast was several women were already in the kitchen almost finished with it.

Okay then.

"I was going to give you all a break and make breakfast. Thank you, ladies," I told them, sincerely happy I didn't actually have to cook for everyone.

The grandmotherly woman, who helped cook yesterday, turned around. "We have always cooked every meal for bitch-face and ass-hat," she said over her shoulder with a laugh. "They weren't as nice as you and your mates are. We wanted to help. We need to do something to give back. Plus, we wanted to see if we could move to your pack once the bastard is dead."

I was amazed by these women. They had been through so much already but they still had the faith that everything would turn out right in the end. I was trying hard not to cry at the blind faith. I sniffed a couple times and answered her, "I would love to have anyone who wants to be in our pack. I trust every one of you and know we will be life-long friends. Why? Why do you have blind faith in me? I don't understand but I do appreciate it."

"We know you will do anything you have to do to keep that bastard away from your pack. You have a strong spirit, a fighting spirit, and we would be lucky to have you as our Alpha, Alpha Summer," a young woman said with the utmost sincerity she could muster as she bowed her head.

"Thank you. Thank you all for believing in us, in me. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure we win against these tyrants. I'm tired of living on a constant edge."

I nodded my head and ran to the security office where I knew my mates would be. After letting myself into the room, I ran towards my mates, falling into them and crying. I couldn't hear anything my mates were saying to me. After Blaine rocked me awhile and Zane wiped my tears away, I finally calmed down, other than a few hiccups.

"What happened, Summer? Are we under attack we can't see on the monitors? Please tell us what's wrong. I swear if someone upset you, I'm going to tear their hearts out," Zane growled out, his expression dark.

At Zane's comment I sat up and shook my head. "No one said anything mean to me, not at all. I went to the kitchen and everything was almost done. The ladies wanted to join our pack. They have faith in us. So much faith that they are already calling victory on our fights. It was a lot to take in, so I ran off crying. I hope they don't think I'm upset with them."

Blaine put me in Zane's lap and excused himself as he muttered to himself. I didn't catch what he muttered out but I knew he was going to the kitchen. I knew he was going to thank them for their faith in us and let them know I was overcome with their belief in us.

As we listened in on their conversation, Zane picked me up and deposited me in a chair, walking out to push the button for the elevator and let a few of the people down to eat. I heard him asking me to stay in the security room for a moment, telling me he would be right back and he had questions for me.

I waited on Zane feeling as if I could fall asleep at any second. I was tired, not having the best of sleep in awhile now. My eyes would droop, lashes falling closed, waiting on my brain to comprehend how tired my body and mind was. I knew if I wanted to sleep it would have to be today. The three to four hundred man troop was moving closer by the day. They had already sent a few ahead to rile us up, seeing if they could infiltrate out growing pack.