Chapter 27 - Clairvoyant

I shook my head and popped in the next CD. I didn't want to think about broken bones right now. This CD was about boosting my power from my surroundings. In a war you could steal power from your enemies making them weak but take too much and it could harm the witch. I listened attentively. I could also take some power from my environment but only if I asked permission first. And, I couldn't take too much or it would kill plants and trees. I could harness it from wind but I would have to control the wind or start a hurricane. There were so many ways and it would be a trial by fire. I would need to keep my energy up in stressful times, something I could do by eating. My mom said to take small snacks wherever I went, even if it was in battle.

"Now I love this part. I can eat a lot," I told my mates, laughing at their face.

I heard my mother speaking about being pregnant and in battle. I didn't even think about being pregnant but I could be. Oh, goddess, I didn't think, not that there were any werewolf proof birth control. According to my mom, I would need to make sure I don't take my child's power to do what needed to be done but I could be helped by eating. Once again with the eating. I looked at my mates and stuck out my tongue.

"If I'm pregnant and need to go to battle, I promise I will make your life hell," I stated.

My mates looked petrified. I don't think they thought about me getting pregnant either. I wasn't going to listen to them tell me I couldn't be there. If my mates were going I was going. I knew it was going to be a sore subject.

Blaine opened his mouth and stopped, listening to what my mom was saying. I turned around and listened to her repeat three times what she said before. "Summer, you're going to find yourself pregnant during this battle, so listen closely, my Summers mates. She will be going with you. You can't win this fight without her. Don't put her in bubble wrap she needs to be there unencumbered. If not, you will take a group with you and you will all die while she sits at home and killed anyway. I'm sorry to say your house won't make it but when you win this war you can build on the grounds of the Black Dagger Pack. I hope you are hearing me, my Summer's mates."

I turned and looked at my mates with wide eyes. I didn't complete my thoughts or even my smug reply when I heard. "And, yes, Summer, I am clairvoyant. So don't be so smug. I love you and I know you will win. Listen to my instructions about too much power and eating and you will be fine. I love you."

The CD stopped and I opened my mouth only to close it again. I didn't know what to say, I really didn't. I would need to make sure I followed her instructions or lose all of our lives, my child's included.

"Wow," Blaine finally commented.

Zane was blinking a little, trying to figure out what to say. He wasn't sure if he should say anything, Blaine had taken the words out of his mouth.

+++++++++++++++

I was thinking about what my mom said. I needed to take snacks with me, I needed to watch my power and how much I use, I was pregnant. I am pregnant. I didn't want to accidentally kill my child but I knew I had to be at the fight or die by myself. Dying didn't sound good to me either way.

Zane and Blaine walked over and comforted me. I could tell they were nervous about everything but also proud of me. We needed to get everything together and get our plans ready. It was time to plan our take-over. We needed to make sure the rogues were taken care of and the bastard was dead. We could do it and I knew we could. My mom had already seen the battle, making me wonder why they didn't run when they could, but knowing my parents they couldn't leave the pack to fight while they were hidden away.

"Let's go eat and then we will make our plans. We need to find snacks for you. Something with a lot of protein and iron. You ready to go eat?" Zane asked quietly, holding his hand out for me to take.

Zane pulled me up as I grabbed Blaine's hand. We walked out of the theater room and walked to the kitchen.

"Is there any kind of snack that is nutritional. One with a lot of protein and vitamins," I questioned.

"Let me get back to you in an hour. I think I might have an idea. Does it need to be portable?" Tatianna asked.

"Yes. I need a bunch to take with me when we go to war with the bastard. It's going to have to be a lot."

"Okay," she nodded her head and smiled.

We walked out and started the process of getting everyone to the big dining hall. Blaine was bringing the group down and going back up to see if the ladies were ready to come down. After everyone was down, we started going through the buffet line the ladies had set up.

"Well, crap!"