Chapter 98 - Squirrely

I would love to get some sleep but I needed to make sure the nurses and the doctors were okay. I walked up to the nurse's station. "Hey, are you okay?"

The nurses and the doctor jumped out of several cabinets. The nurses nodded their heads, leaving the doctor to answer. "Zane let our wolves know to hide from the witch and the rogue."

"I'm so happy you're okay. Good job hiding your scent with the spray. I could smell you but there was no way the witch or the rogue would be able to. Thank the Goddess Zane let you know ahead of time," I told them, hugging each of them, yes, even the doctor.

"I was about to go in and add another protein pack to Blaine's feeding tube when Zane told us to hide. Now, I need to add a pack before he runs out. So, if you'll excuse me I'm going to do just that," the doctor told me, walking toward Blaine's room.

I nodded, following him back to Blaine's room. I knew he was trying to change his attitude towards Blaine's care. I appreciated it. And, when Blaine woke up the doctor would believe what I had been telling him. He would probably pass out if Blaine was to talk to him. I would love to see that.

Yeah, I'm that kind of person.

"Hey, honey, the rogue is gone. I asked the water to cleanse him and the earth to bury him. They immediately complied," Zane said in amazement.

I could tell he was amazed and proud of himself. He should be. My mates had learned quickly, making me proud and happy to see what they could do. I walked over to him and hugged him, kissing him on the lips as a thank you. "You did great, Zane. I'm so proud of you and Blaine. I was pleasantly surprised at how quick you two picked up magic," I told him, smiling and kissing him again.

He smiled at me, kissing me one more time. "I need to go. I want to finish up what I was working on. I promise I will be back and we can sleep on the other bed. I've already talked to the doctor and he will be sleeping in the room across the hall. The nurses are going to switch off, so one will be here at all times. Work for you?"

"I believe it's better than sleeping in the chair. But, I do need to take a nap, holding Blaine's hand. I can find out how he's doing with the protein," I replied, squeezing his hand.

"Okay, I will see you in a while. I'll bring you something to eat and drink." Zane reached into his pocket, handing me more energy bars and my nasty vitamin. "These should keep you until I come back with food. Take your nasty vitamin, Summer, it's good for you and our babies."

"I need milk and crackers to be able to take that crap. So, I'll wait until I have those before I take the nasty ass vitamin," I told him, grimacing at the vitamin.

Zane smiled at me, reaching into his back pockets and coming out with a milk carton and crackers. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at him. "Okay, then, I guess I will take the nasty ass vitamin."

Zane handed me everything, waiting for me to take the vitamin. "If I leave before you take the vitamin you won't take it - tell me I'm wrong."

I shook my head and opened my milk, grabbing the vitamin from Zane. He opened the crackers and laid them on the bedside table as I put the nasty vitamin in my mouth. I shuddered and drank some of the milk, eating crackers as fast as I could. I probably looked as if I was a squirrel hiding nuts for the winter. I could see Zane trying to keep from laughing at me but he wasn't doing a good job of his smile coming through.

"Go do what you need to do before you start laughing at me and pissing me off, okay? I asked sickly sweet.

He nodded his head, hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek, almost running out of the room. I knew he didn't want to piss me off but what he didn't know was that I would never hurt him. I love my mates and for me to lash out on either one would hurt me too. Now, I need to lay down by Blaine and see how he's doing with the protein going into him. I ate a few more crackers and drank the rest of my milk, walking over to the restroom. I used the bathroom, washed my face, and walked over to Blaine, laying down beside him and taking his hand.