Chapter 38 - Unnatural

I felt a wind whip up, one not natural. "Everyone to the bus. Now!"

I got up off the ground and handed one of the ladies my plate as Blaine handed me a few energy bars and my vitamin. I went ahead and took the vitamin. I almost gagged at the taste but I didn't want to appear weak. I slowly looked around me, waiting to see who would step out of the woods. Blaine and Zane had parked in a large field. I was thankful for them parking the way they did. It gave me a three-hundred-and-sixty-degree window to watch for the rogues.

I kept watch for another minute, wondering what the hell was up. I felt the spell almost too late to stop it. Whoever was throwing a spell at my mates was going to be hurting in a second. Whoever it was made a grave mistake, one I wouldn't let go unpunished. I asked the earth to help me find the black witch. The earth rolled and out fell a witch, one I had never seen before. The earth was quick to hold her down for me.

I waited to see what else was going to drop in on our dinner but nothing happened. I'm wasn't stupid enough to step out closer to the forest so I waited some more. When nothing else happened I asked the wind to blow away from us and towards the wood, hard. I was tired of dealing with rogues who thought I was a dumb little girl. I smelled the rogues behind us. But, when I was about to say something the wind hurtled them to the edge of the woods in front of us and the earth held them down, all without me asking them to.

My mates looked at me wide eyed. I shrugged and boomed out, "Leave, and I may let your live. Stay, and you will surely die.

"I wouldn't bet on that," another witch voiced as she giggled.

I was about to say something when Cora came running out. I grabbed her wrist when she went to run past me, surprising her. "It's my mom and sister."

I looked her in the eyes, telling her to tread carefully. She nodded. "Mom? Paula? Is it really you?"

Two women stepped out of the woods, looking as if they had seen a ghost. I knew Cora had the same look on her face. "Cora? We were told you were killed by a girl named Summer. We came to avenge you."

"No, Mom, she helped me get away from Garrett." Cora pointed at me. "She has kept me safe. We astral projected into the cells and we were told you two were killed. What happened?"

"Once we were told you died we had to play scream and look dead. When he took us out of the cells he told us she," she pointed at me, "had killed you. I believed that sick son of a bitch. Why did I believe him?"

I looked at both women. "What about the rogues with you?"

She shuddered. "Garrett thought it would be safer to send them with us."

"Of course he did," I quipped sarcastically. "He's an idiot." I made sure none of the rogues got away. I asked the earth if I drowned the rogues would she accept them back into the earth after they were washed. The answer was yes.

"You two might want to come over here but I hope you give me permission to look into your mind. You are more than welcome to look into mine. But, I know you both have already done so," I grumbled, waving them over. They ran over and watched me, not knowing what I was about to do. I didn't throw off a lot of energy when I didn't want to and right now I didn't want to.

I raised a flood in the ground, washing the rogues and drowning them. Oops. The earth opened and pulled the bodies into the earth, burying them. I turned to the women and raised an eyebrow at their gaping mouths.

"Do you two give me permission to look into your minds? I promise I won't mess with anything. I hope you are true to your word because I will know immediately. And, your death won't be as neat," I informed the two women. They looked scared but both of them nodded their heads.

My mates surrounded me, making sure I was safe. But, I would spell the witches before they had a chance to move. I looked into the mom's mind first. She was telling the truth, so I backed out slowly and nodded at her. I looked into the daughter's mind and realized she had been playing around with black magic. I backed out quickly.

"Did you know your daughter's been practicing black magic?" I asked the mother. She looked up quickly and pulled her daughter around and looked into her eyes.

A/N  Thanks for reading. Please leave me a comment or two.

What do you think will happen next?