Chapter 96 - He What?

I sighed and headed back into Blaine's room. I sat down in my chair and looked at Blaine. I knew this would work. It had to work. The Moon Goddess promised we would be alright. And, I trusted her to take care of us.

I sat down next to Blaine, waiting on the doctor to start his feeding tube. I was letting him know that he would have protein soon. I told him about the doctor pissing me off. What? He seriously pissed me off. He shouldn't have shown me pity. It only showed me he had given up and I couldn't have that. I told Blaine about almost biting the doctors head off. I explained to him Justice's point of view. That she was mad and ready to kill the doctor. I kept talking to him for a while, waiting on the doctor to get his ass in gear. As soon as I was about to yell for him he came into the room, rolling another I.V. pole.

"Do you want to stay for this? He may gag a little but I'm not hurting him, it's just his reflexes," the doctor explained as he hooked everything up.

"I'm staying. I won't leave him, well, I would if Zane was here but not for long," I answered as I stared at him.

"Um, okay," he replied in a shaky voice.

I was watching the doctor put the tube up Blaine's nose and fed it into his stomach. He taped down the tube and hooked the tube to the bottle of, well, protein, I think. It better be a protein or this doctor will be handed his ass real soon. "Is that protein?"

"Yes, Alpha Summer. It has three times more protein than your energy bars have. He should be building up energy soon."

I nodded my head and sat back down in the chair. When the doctor was finished I laid my head back down on Blaine's bed and closed my eyes. I was tired and a little hungry. But, every beep of Blaine's machinery was keeping me awake. I was worried if I slept something bad would happen. Now, I was mad at my way of thinking. He would be alright and I could sleep, knowing the Moon Goddess would watch over us.

"Hey, Summer," Zane whispered, trying to not wake me up.

"I'm awake. I was laying my head down for a little bit." I sniffed the air, my stomach growling loudly. "What's that amazing smell?"

Zane brought a plate from behind his back. "Dinner. Marylyn made you a bigger portion, stating that you and our rascally children needed food."

I laughed at Zane's attempt at copying Marylyn's voice. "Good, I'm starving. Give me, give me," I told him, grabbing for the plate.

"Nope." I pouted at his no. "Not until I get a kiss first."

I stood up and walked a few steps towards him. I leaned in, playing as if I was going to kiss him and grabbed my plate. "Now, you can have your kiss," I said, laughing at his pouting face.

He kissed me. "You're so mean. I brought you food and you wouldn't kiss me for it," he whined, smiling the whole time.

"Right," I sarcastically said. "I kissed you. You're mean for withholding food from your pregnant mate - your mate who's having twins."

"Sorry, Summer. I was only kidding with you. Please don't be mad at me," Zane begged me, giving me puppy dog eyes.

"I'm not mad at you. I was only kidding. I guess I'm tired and hungry. I didn't mean for it to sound as if I were." I hugged him and sat down to eat.

Zane checked over Blaine, looking at the extra machines he was hooked up to. "What's all this?"

"Blaine's kidneys were shutting down due to the silver in them. He told me he needed protein to help him heal. He doesn't have enough strength, hence the feeding tube," I explained everything around Blaine.

Zane quit looking at the machines and turned towards me, his mouth gaping open. "Blaine talked to you. How? Why didn't you mind-link me that he was awake?" Zane questioned, not giving me time to answer.

"He hasn't woken up." Zane tilted his head in question. "I've been dream-walking. I talked to him on my last dream walk or mind walk. I'm not sure what to call how I know what he needs but I'll take it. He told me to tell you he loves you and to not give up. Oh, he also heard the 'remember' I've been hearing. And, I figured out what it meant," I told him, smiling at his shocked face.

He shook his head a couple of times. "Uh, wow! And, what did it mean?"

"Remember when the Moon Goddess told us to remember that she would be with us no matter what? She was talking about this situation. She told us she would bless us. And, yes, she meant us too."

"You're right. For some reason, I couldn't remember what was said. You must've had to see Blaine to remember. It was the only way you knew what was wrong with him, correct?" Zane asked me.

"I didn't think about but you're right. See, this is why we make such a triple threat," I replied, laughing with Zane.

"I'm going to help a little longer. You need to get some sleep, Summer. I'm worried about you being up for so long. Please rest," Zane pleaded, walking over to me and kissing my forehead.

I swallowed the bite of food. "I plan on sleeping for a little bit. You need to rest too. Not everything needs to be done today, okay?" He nodded, kissed my forehead, and left to go work for however long.

I finished my food and rinsed off my plate in the bathroom. I walked back over to my chair and sat down. I was tired and now that I was full I knew I would sleep longer than I had been. I laid my head over on the bed and held Blaine's hand as I drifted off to sleep.

"Summer, we have company!" Justice yelled, causing me to jump to my feet.