Chapter 51 - Apology

"Sure. I need to look at the maps for a little while but if you want to sit in my lap I wouldn't mind."

I wagged my finger in his face. "That's dangerous for both of us. I'll sit on the floor between both of you. I don't want to get a ticket," I teased him.

He nodded his head, smiling at me. Of course, the smile was a drop your clothes kind of smile. And, Goddess, did I want to. I snickered mentally at my thoughts. I sat down between my mates, talking quietly to them. It was amazing to hear their ideas and thoughts. They really were the Goddess's gift to me. I was forever thankful. I guess I went into my mind a little bit.

I looked up when the bus started slowing down, noticing we were in a huge field. My mates parked with the lettering on our bus on the inside. We made a huge circle. We could eat in the center of the buses and no one would be the wiser. I kissed their cheeks and got up to move out of their way. But, my mates had other plans for me. Blaine grabbed me and kissed me until I was out of breath. Zane was next to kiss me, causing me to lose more of my breath. I was trying to uncurl my toes but I wasn't having much success. I took huge gulps of air into my lungs, finally getting my breath back. I was sure I was secreting enough pheromones to let everyone know what I was thinking.

Thank you, mates.

"Truth and Power said you are welcome," Justice sang out, causing me to blush. Damn perverted wolf. I couldn't completely blame her but I was going to.

My mates were already off the bus and waiting on me. I guess they were giving me time to scold Justice. I walked down the steps and grabbed my mates arms, fitting my hand around both of their upper arms. They wanted me to sit down and they wait on me but I was adamant that I was going with them. We walked to the kitchen and stood in line. When we got up to Maryln she smiled at us and handed us our plates.

"Thanks, Maryln. Oh, and thank you for the delicious energy bars. They help a lot," I told her.

"Good. No thanks are needed, Summer, I am happy to know they help. I will be making some more today. I want to have a big number of them when we go into battle," Marylyn explained as I reached up and held her hands between mine, bowing my head.

"What are you doing? You shouldn't bow your head to me," she lamented.

"I bowed my head out of respect. You deserve it," I voiced as she cried a few tears and bowed her head to me.

We took our food and moved to sit down. We ate as we talked to a few people. Charlie walked up to me. "I'm sorry, Alpha. I shouldn't have lied to you or anyone else."

I nodded my head. "I'm not going to say it's okay. It's not. You are older than some of the kids. You should be an example to them, okay?"

"Yes, Alpha, I understand." Charlie bowed his head and ran off. I noticed he went to the kitchen, walking into the bus from the steps. I guess his punishment was about to start.

"You handled him very well. You never cease to amaze us," Zane exclaimed.

My eyes were huge. I know they were. "Me? You two never cease to amaze me. Every day you show me how much you two are amazing and brilliant."

They shook their heads but didn't say anything else. We finished eating and were talking as everyone ate their food. I was wondering if we would be driving tonight. It would be smart. I knew we wanted to take care of those wolves as soon as we could. I was so ready for this mess to be over with. I had babies to get ready for. I hoped we could have our cabin built before the babies were born, but I wasn't holding out any hope for our cabin to built be that soon.

"Come on. We are going to drive all night. I, for one, am ready to take out this scum," Zane whisper yelled.

They nodded their heads, getting up and throwing their trash away. Everyone went to their bus as Blaine made sure to count everyone. As soon as he came back we left with Zane driving. I went to the restroom and brushed my teeth. I used the toilet and walked back up front. I sat with Zane for awhile as we spoke softly to each other. After a couple of hours I started yawning.

"Go get some sleep, Summer. You need it and so do our babies," Zane told me. I got up and kissed his cheek. I gave him a side hug and walked up to Blaine. Blaine opened his eyes. He held his arms out and I crawled in his lap. It wasn't long before we both fell asleep.