Chapter 101 - Cheeky

A/N: This song came on youtube and it had a great beat, so you can guess why I put it up. 

I started stuffing my face as fast as I could. I had about two and a half energy bars in my mouth when the doctor walked in. I tried to swallow but I couldn't. I chewed as fast as I could, knowing I looked like a child eating cookies and getting caught.

I finally swallowed and looked at him, shrugging my shoulders. "Sorry. I lost a lot of my energy talking to Blaine for almost three hours. He needs you to constantly give him the protein packs. I'm talking about one right after another. If you will show where they're kept and how to hook it up I can help."

"We can do that. I will need to order more of the packs though, is that okay with you?" The doctor asked, checking over Blaine.

"Do what you need to. Ask Zane to authorize the payment. He will pay whatever we need to pay," I told the doctor, trying to keep my eyes open. I needed to find out how to change his packs, then I needed to stay awake to change them. I didn't want him to go without one of the packs. I would need to ask Zane for help.

"I'll go get two of the protein packs now. Anything else you need? Oh, the nurse is getting you a refill too," he joked, causing me to laugh.

"I can't think of anything else." The doctor started to walk off. "Wait! You need to order the protein packs as quickly as possible," I replied, toning down my voice a little.

He had jumped when I yelled out 'wait'. I didn't mean to scare him, at least, not this time. I needed to watch my tone when I said things loudly. I didn't realize I had used my Alpha tone until he jumped and paused with one foot in the air. The only thing he moved was his eyes. His eyes were wide with fear and I didn't like the feeling.

"You froze him, you idiot!" Justice yelled.

"Oh. Oops," I sheepishly said as I snapped my fingers and released him. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know I would freeze you. I didn't mean to. I hope I didn't scar you for life," I sincerely apologized.

"Please don't do that again. I don't think my old heart can stand it. And, don't worry about scaring me for life, your mother did the same thing to me once," the doctor confided to me as his eyes sparkled at the memory.

"I forget my powers every once in a while and this is the result. I didn't mind when I froze over two-hundred rogues but I did this time. If Justice, my wolf, hadn't told me that I froze you, it would have taken longer to realize what was going on. Again, I'm sorry and I'll try really hard to not do that to you again," I admitted to him, blushing. I don't usually admit that I screwed up and who told me. But, he deserved to know the truth.

"Thank you, Justice," he said, laughing.

I felt Justice move to the front of my mind. "You're welcome. My human is a little slow on the uptake."

I pushed her back and growled at her, making sure I didn't growl out loud. "Cheeky, bitch," I groaned out loud.

The doctor started laughing. He was laughing so hard he had tears in his eyes and he was holding his stomach. I couldn't help but join him in his laugh-fest. After laughing for about five minutes, we both got ourselves back in control, breathing heavily from laughing so long.

"Well, that was something. Is Justice always cheeky?" He asked me, trying to not laugh again.

"Pretty much. She's like a child at times. She confuses me from one minute to the next. Sometimes she's cheeky other times she's a goody-two-shoes," I told him, almost laughing again.

"I'm going to go and get the protein. I'll show you how to hook it up so I can order more of the packs, okay?" He asked me.

"Sure," I answered. The doctor walked out of Blaine's room and I almost ran to the bathroom. I was surprised he didn't notice me doing the pee-pee dance. You know, the one where you are dancing around even though it hurts? Yep, that's the one. The next move would have been embarrassing. The one where you are hunched over, holding your crotch, hoping you can hold it in. Yes, very embarrassing, one I would avoid at all costs.

I finished in the bathroom and washed my hands. I needed a shower. I was sure I stank. I haven't washed my hair in a while. I don't want to talk about my body being dirty. I mean, it had to be nasty, I had killed the bastard in the dirt challenge ring. I walked back out of the bathroom, startling the doctor.

"I thought you had left for a little bit. I didn't hear you in the bathroom, but my hearing is not like it used to be. It's hell getting old," he commented, laughing at himself.

"Yeah, pregnant here. My bladder is working overtime with these twins," I confided, blushing. Why do I always blush about something natural to everyone?