Chapter 87 - Blood & Bone

Moon Goddess watch over my hands as they heal

Keep us safe and his wounds be sealed

Give us the strength to keep him from pain

The silver be gone with the help of my mate Zane

I could feel the silver even more than before. I didn't have to say the spell out-loud but I wanted time to center myself and breathe normally. I called the silver up to my hand without it touching me as Zane pulled a bedpan up and showed it to me. I nodded my head and directed the silver into the bedpan. I kept pulling the silver out of Blaine's bones and depositing it into the bedpan. I couldn't believe all the silver I had left behind in Blaine's bone. Now I understood the reason why he was still out of it.

"You did what you could. Your energy was too low to do any more than what you did," Zane mind-linked me.

Instead of answering, I mind-linked him. "Zane, please feed me an energy bar, I meant, stuff the whole bar into my mouth. I need a little more energy to keep this up."

Zane nodded and laid the bedpan down on the bed, grabbing my bag and getting out a few energy bars. He did as I asked and stuffed the whole bar in my mouth. I chewed it as fast as I could. He held up another one as I nodded my head. He, again, put the whole bar in my mouth. He took a couple of them and ate them too.

I put my hand closer to Blaine's wound, making sure to search around for more silver. I was worried the silver had traveled elsewhere. After another hour there was no silver coming from the bone or surrounding areas. I knew I wasn't finished. I had one more thing to do before he would be free of the silver. I moved for Zane to close up Blaine's wound.

I sat in the chair I had pulled up to hold Blaine's hand. I ate more beef sticks, washing them down with orange juice. I passed more food to the nurse, doctor and Zane. Zane sat heavily on the ground next to me, groaning about a severe headache.

"Time to connect you to some sugar," the doctor stated as he walked over to Zane with a I.V tray. The nurse had walked off and came back with a bag full of goodness.

"But, I don't like needles," Zane whined, holding his arms behind his back.

I laughed at him. "Sissy," I joked. "If I can handle a needle surely my big bad mate can."

He rolled his eyes at me and pulled his arms from behind his back. "I'm only doing it because you called me a sissy, plus, I need to have my energy up for the next idea you have."

I turned back to him quickly. "How?"

"I'm a mind reader," he cockily answered, showing his crooked smile.

The doctor looked between Zane and I, not understanding our joke or what Zane was alluding to. "What else do you have planned, Alpha's?"

"What I'm going to ask you will go against what you learned in medical school. But, I need you to listen to me and do it. I need you to cut through one of Blaine's arteries. I will promise you it's to save his life. We will heal him afterwards," I explained my idea. The doctor scowled, not liking my idea.

"He could die if he's not healed quickly. Are you sure you want to do this?" The doctor questioned.

"I have to do this or he will die from all the silver in his blood. I don't know what else I could do to save him," I stated, frowning at him.

"I do. We need to find a few people with his blood type. I can set him up on a dialysis machine. It will pull the old blood out and cycle the new blood into his body. I think it would be a better idea than having him bleed out," the nurse explained.

"Way better. Thank you, nurse Shelly. I didn't know there was a machine that could what you described."

"Alpha Summer, I had to go to a new training course for the machine. I know how to do the whole process. And, we happen to have one of the machines in the back of our storage room. I was looking for something else when I saw it," the nurse exclaimed.

I jumped up and down with her. "Oh, you are a genius. Thank you, thank you."

The doctor cleared his throat. "I didn't know we had a dialysis machine. I know how to use them too. I had to learn when I went to the human hospital. They don't teach werewolf procedures but I picked up a lot of useful ideas. Let's get this going before the silver gets to his heart."

We jumped up and I turned to Zane. "What's Blaine's blood type?"

"It's AB negative. I have it but I'm not sure how many people are going to have the same. Let's call them to the hospital conference room and ask, okay?" Zane commented and my heart dropped.

"I'll have Tomas call them to the outside of the hospital so we can address them and still have our I.V. going. I think it will be easier and quicker," I explained, getting a nod from him. I mind-linked Tomas, telling him to round everyone up in our pack and meet us outside of the hospital. I could tell he was curious but he wouldn't get anything out of me right now and he knew better than to question me.

I was watching Zane pace, using his energy up. He looked up at me and quit mumbling. 'Are you okay, Zane?"

"I'm just worried we won't have enough blood for Blaine," he answered, his eyes teary.

I walked over to him and hugged him. "It will be okay. I don't know if I can give blood. But, if I can it will help heal him faster, even if I only give a small amount. I need to see if Marylyn still has my nasty prenatal vitamins."

He hugged me back. "I'm going to believe that he will be okay and we will find more people who have AB negative blood. Will you pray to the Moon Goddess with me?"

"Yes, I have no problem praying to the Moon Goddess. Ever," I answered, smiling at him.

We both bowed our heads, asking the Moon Goddess to help us in our search for Blaine's blood type. We asked for her guidance in helping Blaine with whatever he needed. When we finished praying we hugged and walked out of the hospital, rolling our I.V. poles beside us.

We walked outside and stopped in our tracks. Everyone outside the hospital bowed their heads and held their fists over their hearts. I was flabbergasted, wide eyed, embarrassed, and honored.

"Please rise," I told them. Everyone rose their heads and smiled at us.

"We called you here to find out who has AB negative blood. We need new blood to heal Alpha Blaine of the silver poisoning he has. When the bitch stabbed him she made sure to add extra silver to the blade, hoping to kill him. We won't let her take him away from us. If you have this blood type and want to help please raise your hand," Blaine explained as he looked around.