Chapter 52 - Communication

Blaine woke up at some point. The reason I knew he had moved was because I didn't have his warm body to snuggle into. I woke up and went to the restroom. When I came back I decided I wasn't sleepy. I went and sat down between my mates as they were quietly speaking. I could listen to them all day. They had some great plans on where to set up. But, I knew the perfect place to set everyone up. I knew I could watch the pack from the area I was thinking about.

"Do you have a map of the area around the Black Blade pack? I have an idea about our set up point," I quietly said.

Zane handed me a map and a marker. I looked at the map and circled the area I was talking about. I handed it back to Zane. He showed Blaine the map.

"Why there?" Blaine asked.

"There's a cave there and a high point to look down on the pack. It's the perfect place for the women, children and older people."

"Okay. It sounds like a perfect place for us to set up. Are you going to stay on the high point?" Zane asked as his eyes were begging me to say yes.

"Yes. I don't want you two to worry about me. Plus, I can help with my magic from there. So, quit your worrying," I calmly told my mates.

They took a breath and smiled at me. I knew they would worry and not be able to fight as well without being safe. I didn't want for what happened to my parents to happen to them. I couldn't lose my mates, my heart. I didn't know what I would do if they died. It's why I made sure they were spelled tighter than anyone else. Don't get me wrong everyone was spelled but I added a little push to my mates. Not only could no weapon harm them but they couldn't be spelled, lied to, or made to believe something was wrong with me. I knew it would be the first thing Garrett would try. I also spelled them where they could touch someone and freeze them. I couldn't wait until they realized that little gem. I guess I had a shit eating grin on my face.

"Uh-oh, Zane, I think she has a plan," Blaine said in a sing-song voice, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'll never tell," I joked.

We talked for awhile, going over our plans. We wanted to make sure we would be able to keep an eye on everyone. I knew they were going to use their ear buds to talk to everyone but if they changed into wolves they wouldn't be able to use them. I was worried about it but we had fought the rogues at the cabin using wolves and our skin side. I hoped we could do it again on a large scale. Then I remembered my mom's teachings. I smiled, knowing I could make it where we heard each other.

"What are you smiling about, mate?" Blaine asked me.

"I have a way for everyone of us to hear each other. We won't need the ear buds. I'm going to enjoy showing the bastard why you don't mess with me," I remarked.

"Uh-oh, Zane, she has something else up her sleeve but I think we are going to like this one," Blaine joked.

It was a couple hours until we stopped for the morning. We circled the buses the same way as before, hiding the words on the buses. After everyone was in place we left the buses. Zane went and got my food as Blaine helped me sit on the ground. I wanted to growl at him but I knew he was just being a gentleman. I guess I was still a little tired.

After everyone I ate and threw away their plates and plastic silverware away, I had everyone sit in a circle around me. "I'm going to make it where we can hear each other in wolf form or skin side. It won't hurt. Is everyone okay with this?" They all nodded their heads as the warriors smiled.

Good. I didn't want anyone scared. I closed my eyes and raised my hands, snapping my fingers once my breaths evened out. I opened my eyes and spoke in everyone's mind. "Can you hear me now?" I joked with them.