Chapter 89 - Everyone's Pain

I didn't want to know who but I had to. "What's the Gamma's name, Makayla? I need to make sure he's not put in a position of authority. The pack is going to be restructured soon and I don't want that rapist to live," I growled, trying not to scare Makayla. I was beyond pissed at the man but I needed to make sure if she was telling me the truth or not. I put her under a truth spell.

Makayla looked down at her feet. "His name is Pete," she mumbled.

I knew she was telling the truth but I was glad I made sure of it. I nodded my head at her. "It's going to be okay, Makayla. I will make sure he's not in any position of power or alive. I hope he hasn't done this to anyone else, but, if he has I will make sure to help them, okay?"

Makayla started to cry. "Thank you, Alpha Summer. I know he was trying to get to a few more women. I will help in anyway I can. My mate helped me through everything that happened to me."

I smiled at her, crossing over to give her a hug, whispering, "You're very strong. Don't let anyone make you feel less." She nodded her head and wiped her tears, smiling back at me.

The doctor came rushing into the room. "Time to start. I'm going to need your help, Makayla, along with Shelly's, too. We need to hurry though."

The nurse rushed over to the doctor. They spoke quietly to each other, making plans and getting everything set up. Shelly walked in with three units of blood in her hands and spoke quietly to the doctor, setting up the blood on the I.V. pole. Makayla and the doctor washed their hands and gloved up. They both donned a gown and mask.

"Alpha Summer, we are going to need to cut a little into his throat to set up a line and one in his wrist to take out the blood infected with silver. It's needs to be a bigger vein and I didn't think you would want me to use the one in groin," he explained, joking with me about another female seeing my mate like that.

I lowly growled. I laughed at the look on their faces. "I was joking with you. Do what you need to do before the silver get's to his heart. I'll be quiet and sit to the side. I don't want to get in the way."

They nodded and I watched as they got everything set up around them. I winced when the doctor set up the line in his neck. Not because of the blood but because I couldn't stand to see my mate hurt. The only reason I didn't jump them was because I knew they were helping Blaine. I stayed silent and watched as they started the blood. They had told me it couldn't go into fast as it needed warmed first.

"Why are you letting them hurt our mate, Summer!" Justice screamed at me as she growled.

"Calm down, Justice. They're trying to help him by getting the silver out of his blood. If they don't do this he could die," I explained to her calmly.

"I can't speak to his wolf, Summer, why can't I talk to him?" She howled out, breaking my heart for her.

"It's because of the silver. Once we clean out his system everything will slowly become better," I explained to my distraught wolf. I knew she was hurting. Hell, I was hurting. But, I couldn't break down or I would be no good.

"You promise, Summer," Justice asked in a small voice.

"We're praying to the Moon Goddess, so yes, I believe everything will be better. I have to, Justice." I saw Justice curl up in the back of my mind, hiding behind her tail.