Chapter 47 - Situations

Trace's little girl ran up to me. "Are you sick or something? Why do you smell like two men? Did someone hurt you?" She asked quickly and without taking a breath or giving me time to answer.

"Avery, get back over here and leave the Alpha alone," Avery's mother scolded her daughter, blushing profusely.

I was blushing as my mates snickered. "I'm okay, Avery. Zane and Blaine were, uh, helping me. Yeah, they were helping me.

"Okay."

I wanted to sink in the floor of the bus. Avery had me so red I was sure I was a tomato all over my body. I heard my mates snickering again. I glared at them in the huge rear view mirror. They whined and ducked their heads.

"You could have helped me explain."

My mates walked over to me and kissed me. "Sorry. I wasn't sure what to say. She pegged us perfectly. Makes me think she's going to be a tracker," Blaine informed me.

They were too cute to be mad at. I wasn't even mad at them but embarrassed. I didn't know how to explain to a child why she smelled two scents on me. But, Blaine made a point about her. She was too young to have her wolf but her sense of smell was highly developed. I agreed with Blaine about Avery being a tracker when she was older. Avery was going to need training and I knew just the person to train her.

Don't know what happened to this chapter being short but it was my mistake. Sorry.