Chapter 68 - Smoke & Confusion

Recap:

There was a huge blast from the living room. We all ran out of the basement to see what happened.

"Damn, I think I used a little too much power," a voice said behind the smoke in the living room

The smoke died down and we saw who it was. Everyone but me bowed down to the Moon Goddess. I stood there and gaped at my aunt's living room. The couch had exploded. The chairs were pushed almost through the walls and the rugs were gone. I shook my head several times and started laughing. I was holding my stomach, bent over at my waist.

"Child, what are you laughing about," the Moon Goddess asked me.

I gaped at her again as I got myself under control. "You completely destroyed our living room and say oops?" She looked around and shrugged her shoulders. "What? Never mind."

"Sorry. I didn't know I would destroy anything. I needed to get to you as fast as possible. I need to let you know not to give up hope."

"Give up hope about what?" I questioned her, realizing I was questioning the Moon Goddess.

"I can't say anymore than what I said. If I do I could mess up the battle. Just know I'm always with you, my daughter. I'm there for all of you." The Moon Goddess disappeared, leaving a whirl of wind, making the stuffing from the couches fly around.

"Well, that was helpful information," I sarcastically replied.

I looked up at everyone. All their mouths were hanging open. "What?"

"You can't be sarcastic to the Moon Goddess," Lizzet muttered.

"She's my mother. She didn't seem upset with me. It's okay. I'm still wondering what she meant about me not losing hope," I huffed, wrapping my arms around myself. "Leave it to my mom to leave me more confused than before."

My mates came over and hugged me, wrapping their arms around me. They walked me back to the basement as we all sat down. Marylyn and Lizzet brought us new plates of food. They walked off to help others, getting waved off to fix their plates.

I was happy our people looked after each other. I couldn't wait for us to get to our pack. It would be nice to settle down. I was ready for this to be over with. I wanted to make sure the bastard and his cronies were put down. I didn't want to fight for awhile, not that I think my mates would let me fight too much longer. They have been great with me but I know not to push them.

After we all ate, my mates and I showed them how the tables laid flat. We left a couple up for the men to drink their coffee. But, we had a lot of help folding everything and setting up the cots.

"Does anyone have a problem with Lizzet and her mates and Marylyn getting a room to themselves? Also, Trace and his family getting another room?" I asked, hoping no one had a problem. I know Lizzet would love to have time with her mate.

Everyone shook their heads no. I took a deep breath in and smiled. "Thank you. I have another room for someone but I'm not sure who to put in the room and be fair. How about a drawing?"

"We talked about it and would love for Collette and her mate to have it," Joel explained.

"Well then, Collette, it's your room for tonight. Now, we need to talk about what time we want to head over to the rogues. I know a way to get behind them but there are still some logistics we need to work out..."

I wasn't having just a vision. I was having a vision with a visit to the Moon Goddess. Really, again? I wanted to have a normal few hours. I knew I sounded like a child, but I didn't care.

"Daughter, take your sass somewhere else. I wanted to let you know what time to leave tomorrow. If you're too early or too late, you won't have the upper hand. I wasn't supposed to tell you as much as I have but this is one wolf who needs to be gone. The rogue's with him need to go too. Most of them were already gone to their wolves before they decided to help Garrett with his lies. Now, listen, daughter."

I listened to the Moon Goddess as she explained everything to me and why we needed to leave at the time she had set forth. I didn't want to go against her teachings or her advice. I mean, this is the Moon Goddess we were talking about. She finally released me from my visit, causing me to sink down even more. I was tired from all the things I had already done in the last few hours.

"Are you okay, Summer? Your eyes were white again," Zane asked, looking at me with sad eyes.

I smiled at him and nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm okay, just tired. I know what time we need to leave. The Moon Goddess thought it would be a good idea to have me visit. We need to be behind the rogues no later than one in the afternoon. We can't be too early or too late or it can cause the fight to be on the bastards side. And, I know we don't want that to happen."

Blaine nodded. "How long will it take for us to get to the site we need to be at. And, do we take the women, children and elderly to the cave?"

"No! We need to take the small bus close to us and when our fight is over with the rogue's I can take them to the cave and spell them."

"You heard the Alpha, folks, let's get some sleep and get up at...?" Blaine asked, turning towards me and giving me a hug.

"We need to be up no later than nine in the morning. I want to make sure we are in place. I can do a spell to hide everyone until straight up one, okay?" I ordered and asked. I didn't want to be a dictator instead of an Alpha but I'm sure I sounded like one at times.

"Sounds good, Summer. Everyone get some sleep. You're going to need all the rest you can get for tomorrow," Zane stated. He turned back to me. "Are we going after the bastard right afterwards?"