Chapter 41 - From the Cradle

My mates nodded and smiled, their smiles dropping off their faces quickly.

What they didn't know was, I felt a black witch before she teleported right behind me. I quickly made sure the buses looked different. I had brought a haze to the eye, causing anyone who looked at the buses to see a blurry shadow. I felt the pull as she attempted to teleport us out of the woods.

Wasn't going to happen.

I huffed, grabbing the witch behind me and pulled her to the front. I put her back to my front and put a claw to her neck. She tried to stab me but I heated the knife. She yelped and dropped it. "Hello, Paula. Fancy meeting you here again. Did you think I was going to let any of you live when you were trying to hurt me, hurt my mates or hurt my people. Seriously? Not going to happen." I searched her mind and I couldn't kill her. I didn't want her black soul. I nodded to my mates. They stepped up and grabbed her.

I watched my mates as they grabbed her, tore her throat and heart out. They threw her on the ground. I asked the water to cleanse her and the earth to bury her but I stopped at the last minute of burying her. I wanted her to be a lesson. I asked the earth to hold her body off the ground until a witch or rogue showed up. And, if the person was human to bury her quickly. They complied.

I turned around and looked at everyone watching. I walked back over to them and smiled. I didn't want them afraid of me. I took a deep breath in when they smiled back at me. I was so relieved they were still with me. 

"Come on everyone, let's get out of here before the rogues get here. And, thanks, Summer, for hiding the buses," Blaine told us, nodding his head to me.

We all walked to our buses and hopped on. I ate a couple more energy bars as I sat in my lounge chair. Blaine and Zane were the last two to hop on the bus. They came by and gave me a kiss on the forehead. Zane picked me back up and sat me on his lap. He was asleep before we moved. I was fine for awhile in his lap but now I needed to go to the restroom. I sure hoped I wasn't on the same potty schedule as the little girl. I slowly got up from Zane and went to the restroom, dodging people as they were changing seats or checking on their kids. I came back out of the restroom, dodging kids again. I sat in the passenger seat next to Blaine and propped my feet up on the dash.

"Not sleepy?" Blaine asked, cutting his eyes over to me quickly.

I shrugged my shoulders, forgetting he couldn't see me. "No, I slept enough in the last couple of days. I'll sleep again soon." I finished my energy bars and threw my wrap away. "Remind me to thank Marylyn for making me the energy bars. They're really good and keep my energy up a lot." He nodded his head.

I watched the monitors, making sure everyone was okay and out of danger. I had a thought and I needed to act on my idea. I spelled all of our buses and toy trailer. I made sure a witch or warlock couldn't teleport into the buses and spell our people. I needed to round up everyone on our next stop and add the protection spell to everyone. I didn't need a witch to be able to teleport them away or anything else.

"When we stop, again, I need to spell everyone so they aren't spelled or so a witch or warlock can't teleport them out. I've already spelled everyone on our bus," I informed Blaine.

He nodded his head. "I can see why we would need it. I don't like being spelled and I'm sure no one else would either."

I looked around, noticing a cd player on the visor and one above the lounge chair. "Wow. A couple of compact disc players. Thank you."

"We figured you would like to look at your mother's cd's. I know you want to see all of them. Go ahead and watch. I have an alarm on the sensors for the buses. They will go off if something happens," he told me. My heart was full with my mates actions. They never thought of themselves. I would make sure to make it up to them.

I got up and walked over to my bag. I went to pick it up and Zane's hand shot out, grabbing my wrist and snarling before I could get a hand on it. I looked at him, noticing he was still asleep. I explained to Truth I wanted to watch them and it was only me. Zane's grip opened. I thanked Truth and walked back over to the passenger seat.

I pulled out a new cd and slid it into the slot, hitting play and leaning back. I watched my mother as she taught me a new spell, one in which would conserve my energy but still blanket a large area. It was as if she was on the bus with us and knew what I needed before I did. She was scary powerful. But, she never showed her power, not even to me. I knew she had been teaching me breathing exercises. Hell, she was teaching me spells since I could remember. She had been teaching since the day I was born. Then it hit me. She taught me magic through the lullabies she sang.

Damn. That was smart.