Chapter 58 - More Lessons

"My Goddess, Blaine, you and Zane have done everything. It's because of you and Zane that we were ready to take our group. You and Zane had barracks for them, security for everyone, food, clothing, everything. I'm thankful for each of you."

Blaine blushed and tried to wave away my words. But, I would never take them back. My mates are amazing and what I said was the truth. I ate my sandwich, giving Blaine time to digest what I said. We ate in silence but I was sure our minds were whirling.

I watched the road for awhile but it got boring quickly. I didn't want to make anymore jewelry. Hmm, what to do? I thought it would be a great idea to watch my next CD. I reached down and grabbed bag, pulling out the next CD. I put it in the player and watched my lesson.

I watched as mom told me about my new power. Damn, I thought. She knew exactly when I would watch the next CD. It was a little creepy to me. I shook those thoughts out of my mind and continued watching my next lesson. My mother showed me how to use all the elements to our advantage. I could use fire but I needed to follow it up with water or everything would burn. I couldn't use fire with air or it would fan the flames. She showed me how to make a spell go as far as I wanted it to go. I could spread out my spells to have a lasting effect but I needed to make sure I ate and that I wouldn't steal power from my children.

Children? Seriously, she knew how many?

She told me if I drew too much power from my children it would cost one or both of them their lives. Something I knew wasn't going to happen. She told me how proud she was of me and my mates. She explained having mates would make me stronger. Something I didn't know about. She also explained that I could take power from other witches and the rogues, including Garrett and his cronies - being my mates aunt and uncle. I knew she was clairvoyant but she was wicked with her visions. I couldn't believe all that she knew about my mates and I. The CD stopped and I put it back in the case, throwing it back into my bag.

"Did you hear my mom say anything about you and bitch-face, and ass-hat, Blaine?" I asked.

"Some, why?" He questioned.

"Because my mother knew about your aunt and uncle. I would say it's creepy but then I would to add myself to the creepy list," I told Blaine, laughing with him.

"You're not creepy and neither is your mom. You're unique."

"Aw, so sweet. Thanks for making me feel better. I don't want anyone to think I'm creepy. I don't want anyone to be scared because of me. Can you understand that?"

"Summer, no one thinks you're are creepy. Everyone loves you. I've heard them talking and they are thankful that you are with them. They feel safer," Blaine explained.

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. "Thanks, Blaine." He nodded his head.

I was watching out the window when I decided I wanted to make something for my mates. I pulled down the jewelry kit and looked to see what I had left. I looked at the charms and different embellishments. I decided on what to put on each of their necklaces. I wanted to make them unique to each of them. I didn't want them to match at all. I worked on them until we stopped in a field for dinner.

I looked around, watching the sky as it turned orange, yellow and red. It was breathtaking. I was glad it was a sight I got to see. It seemed idyllic as if the sky is showing me how our fight would be. I could see the fire in the sky but I also saw the air pushing through. It was a sight to see.

"Stop the bus, Blaine!" I yelled as Blaine threw on the brakes.