82. gameplan

A day later, and everything was falling into place. Raven had informed me that her and Wick, her new "friend", had made contact with Bellamy again, and had figured out how to disengage the acid fog.

So now, our plans were being set in place. We had begun to formulate teams, each one having a specific job to carry out. Half of our force along with the Grounders were already halfway to Mount Weather, the rest of us were to meet them there.

I hadn't technically been assigned a team yet, so I was putting myself on one.

"I'm coming with you." I announced, barging into the tech room. Both Raven and Wick turned to me in surprise.

Raven instantly shook her head, shooting down my proposal, "It's too dangerous."

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest "So? If you're going then so am I."

"No, you're not." She fired back.

"I know the way there and the way in, I've been there, I know who and what we're up against." I argued, not backing down. "Besides," I added with a small shrug, "It's dangerous no matter where I am. This is war, Raven."

"Yeah, everyone knows what we're up against, Avery. Clarke can find you another job, just not this one. I'm not sure if you fully understand how dangerous this one is."

Wick looked utterly confused. He glanced at me, opening his mouth to say something and then clamping it shut, once again opening it, "Am I missing something here."

Raven rolled her eyes as she turned back to whatever she was doing, "Wick, this is Avery."

A look of realization dawned on Wick's face as he pointed at me, cluing in who I was, "You're Bellamy's girl."

I nodded slightly, arms still crossed, "Sure" I muttered, not really liking his choice of words.

His face fell slightly as he muttered out his next words, "And Finn was your-"

I could see Raven tense as I let out a sigh, cutting Wick off, "Yeah, Finn was my brother, and now he's dead." I hated the looks of sympathy, especially from people who didn't know a single thing about me.

"Sorry." Wick muttered, dropping his head slightly.

I gave him a small smile, instantly feeling bad for being so cold towards him, "It's fine."

I quickly turned my attention back to Raven who was still fiddling with something at her work bench, "I'm coming, Raven. I'm not asking, I'm telling you."

Raven slammed her tools down as she turned to look at me, "Are you trying to get yourself killed?" she questioned, tears in her eyes.

I remained silent as I stared back at her, biting down on my lip, "I just want to help, okay? Bellamy is in there, our friends are in there. I can be helpful if I just come with you guys, so let me, Raven, please."

Wick was shifting his glare between Raven and I, "Just let the girl come."

Raven shot him a glare before looking back over at me, "Fine. Be ready to leave when we get word. If you're not by the front gates by the time I get there you will be left behind."

I rolled my eyes at her, "Aye, aye captain."

As I turned to leave, I caught Raven cracking a small grin at my words. I knew that going with Raven and Wick could potentially be a death sentence, but I also knew it needed to be done. I was an asset to them, and if I wanted to get Bellamy and the others out of there, I had to do whatever necessary.

---

Twenty minutes later I stood by the front gate waiting for Raven and Wick. We had just gotten word that all squads were to mobilize, on track to meet up with the rest of our forces outside of Mount Weather. In addition, I had been told that we had lost contact with Bellamy. This only fuelled my desire to march into that mountain, even if it potentially meant death.