true love • j.h

0.5k WORDS;

warnings: fluff, established relationship, happy birthday joshua

"Don't you think you've given me enough, Joshua?" You questioned while Joshua still shined his boyish grin and continued to hold out a gift box that was addressed to you from him.

"Nope. I told you I'm not stopping until you have the world." Joshua pressed the box on your stomach. You giggled and pushed it away once more.

"But I do have the world.."

Joshua jokingly glanced around the living room, in look for the said world. You slapped his arm because you knew that he knew what you meant. "Okay. But this world will continue to give you as much as it can offer. Now open it, my arms are getting tired." Joshua whined and stomped his feet.

You rolled your eyes at his persistence and took the box from him. Despite its large presence it was rather light. You sat on the couch, Joshua followed and sat right beside you. Anticipating the moment you finally opened his gift.

To tease him, you undid the bow at a sloth speed. Earning another whine from him. You spared him the torture and opened the lid to see another box. Your eyebrows furrowed and you gave Joshua a narrow look.

"Go on."

"Okay, okay." You sighed and carried on the process, unwrapping multiple gift boxes until you got to the smallest one. It put a sudden weigh on your heart. It was coincidentally shaped like a ring box, coincidentally . Your brain was on code red and you didn't know what to do next.

"Do you need help?" Joshua grabbed the small and opened it himself. A blue velvet box was revealed and it could be holding the next chapter in you and Joshua's relationship.

"Joshua-"

"Shh." He opened the box, a silver necklace placed inside. You huffed in relief.

"It's just a necklace?" Joshua put the box back in your palm.

"Look inside the circle." He pointed at the pendant in the middle of the jewelry.

You took his order and popped open the circle to see a tiny picture of Joshua. You bit back a laugh, shooting him a curious glance.

"It's so whenever you miss me, you can know I'll always be there. When i can't answer the phone, or when you don't have the strength to contact me. You'll know I'm always here no matter what." You pouted as tears brimmed your eyes.

"Don't cry." Joshua opened his arms so you could be engulfed in his comforting warmth.

"I don't deserve you." You mumbled on his neck, sniffling while tears rolled down your face.

"I think it's the other way around. Also, you forgot to look on the back of the circle." Joshua grabbed the box and removed the necklace from its packaging. You assisted you with clipping it around your neck. Grabbing onto the pendant after.

"Look at what it says." He held it up for you to see.

"For my true love." You muffled.

"for my true love" he repeated and pulled you closer.

FIN.