next life • p.jy

0.4k WORDS;

warnings: angst, mentions of guns, and this is just practice for me writing death scenes

The ring of the gunshot was still fresh. Jinyoung was still watching as the culprit ran away while you collapsed into his arms. A bullet now embedded deep into your skin. It was like slow motion. Jinyoung falling to the floor with you, Mark and Jackson running after the one who drew the gun at you, Yugyeom and Jaebeom immediately guarding you and Jinyoung. All those moments were the ones you could clearly see before your eyes started to well up in tears.

It was painful, but not as painful as seeing Jinyoung's face as he exclaimed out for you. Your name echoing throughout the abandoned factory. His face was cringed as his tears flowed onto your face.

You knew he was in rage. In rage that he wasn't fast enough to block the bullet from piercing you, or not fast enough to steer you away from your fate. You could see it in his face, he wanted to do something. But he was stuck. Stuck holding you tight in his arms, projecting his anger into the volume in which he screamed your name.

"Jinyoung," All you wanted to tell him was that it was going to be okay. But when you winced as Youngjae came over to cover your wound from bleeding out so much you knew you wouldn't have enough time for that. Your hands weakly grabbed onto him.

"Yes, wh-what, what is it," Jinyoung cradled your face in his hands.

"I," You gulped. You didn't really predict you'd be confessing to your crush while you were literally bleeding out, but you wouldn't have another chance to do it. It sucked, you had planned out how you would confess to him. You two were often paired up for stakeouts so when the time was right, you'd say how much you liked him.

And how long you've been pining over him. You'd wait for his response, eternally cringing and hoping Bambam's blabbermouth was right when he said Jinyoung reciprocated feelings. You two were just two stubborn, and oblivious, to get to it sooner.

But now you wouldn't even get to know his response. If it was positive or not. If you'd drive home in giddy or in awkward silence. You won't even know if Jinyoung would continue to go on late-night stakeouts with you.

You felt your eyes becoming heavier. Your breathing became more difficult to manage. The blinks of you eyes started to draw out more as your hearing started to string out into nothing. All you could do was gaze up at Jinyoung's eager face. Awaiting the words he hoped weren't your last. You smiled small, causing Jinyoung's tears to come down harder.

With your final moments of life, you murmured those three words.

"I love you,"

FIN.