unsaid • p.jy

0.9k WORDS;

 warnings: bit of angst, fluff, mentions of cheating, mentions of falling out of love, crying, and i love you's

Crying wasn't something you usually did. Especially if it was over Jinyoung. Jinyoung always kept you happy. You were both always satisfied with your relationship. Until you started to feel like he wasn't anymore. No, he didn't tell you he had fallen out of love but it was obvious to you. You had been in an relationship before where your lover had lost interest, you saw the signs but you didn't expect to notice them with Jinyoung.

You two were inseparable since the first time you two met two years ago. Bonding over the nice interior in the new student building. You managed to let out a breathy laugh at the memory of Jinyoung using a tacky pick up line on you. He still did it whenever he wanted to take you out on a date.

Your tears fell harder and your smile hid again realizing you two haven't done anything like that in what felt like months. You were minimalistic to begin with, and so was Jinyoung. But it goes to an extent for some people. When Jinyoung wasn't holding you in your sleep, when he stopped cooking with you like you too always did, when he stopped saying I love you as frequently as he loved to say it.

Matter of fact he had stopped saying it entirely.

It hurt when you noticed his distance. He was slowly drifting away from you and that broke your heart. You didn't want this to end. Not like this. You loved Jinyoung. He was by far the best thing that had happened to you. So why did it feel like he was leaving?

Your tears were quickly wiped away when you heard the front door opening. Jinyoung was home. You leaned over to see your reflection in your body mirror and your face was a puffy mess. Your eyes were red and your face was damp. Jinyoung looked at details, he was going to definitely noticed that you had been sobbing.

"I'm home," He said as he opened the door to the bedroom. You were facing the wall, away from him, which wasn't usual. You always greeted him. But you felt stuck and your throat felt clogged.

"___?" Jinyoung asked, concerned by the way you were acting. He proceeded to remove his shoes and things like that before coming over to your side of the bed. Inhaling sharply when he saw the state you were in.

"___-" He reached out for you.

You scooted away. "I'm fine." You managed to get out.

It pained Jinyoung to be on the outside looking in. You know it did. He didn't like being lied to or secrets. So you knew he definitely did not enjoy see you in the midst of your own sadness while telling him that you were fine.

Jinyoung slid closer to you. "Well you can barely speak from how hard you were crying so, I don't think you are..."

You remained silent. He was right. And all you wanted to do was cry some more. Cry until no tears could trickle down.

"___, if I've done something, please tell me," Jinyoung pleaded with you.

"It's nothing, Jinyoung."

"It's something." He sighed and looked straight ahead. Obviously pondering if he had taken a misstep somewhere to hurt you. Your eyes followed his gaze and it hurt your heart to see him in distress. What use was it keeping him in the dark anyway?

You sighed. "I don't think you love me anymore..." You muttered. Jinyoung's head snapped to you with a look of confusion.

"Is that why you're crying?" Jinyoung tilted his head, hoping to catch your eye. And he did. You saw his eyes soften when your eyes connected, he definitely did not like seeing you cry.

"Because you think I've fallen out of love with you? ___, baby," He held out his hand for you to grab.

You frowned and hesitantly placed your hand in his. He caressed the top of your hand. "I have not fallen out of love with you. Why would you think that?"

You sniffled. "You've been distant for awhile. It hurts that you haven't even noticed that."

Jinyoung sighed. Seeming to acknowledge the fact he's been distant from you. He gripped your hand gently.

"I'm sorry, ___. I've been so busy that I haven't been contributing anything to the relationship. I-" Jinyoung inhaled and you couldn't help but let your frown deepen.

No matter how hurt you were it would always hurt worse to see Jinyoung upset. You decided to hear him out and scoot closer to him.

Jinyoung smiled weakly. "I feel terrible. I haven't been showing you attention and I just thought loving you went unsaid. I thought you'd know that I'd love you, I assumed. I assumed an-and I left it at that. So, I'm sorry, ___."

You were the one sighing. You frown turned to mimic Jinyoung's weak smile. You wiggled your hand from his and placed it on his thigh, scooting even closer to him and placing your head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry too, Jinyoung. I should've talked to you but-" You paused when you felt Jinyoung's hand start to move up and down on your back, soothing you.

"Please don't apologize, 'kay?" Jinyoung whispered. You nodded and let him speak.

"I just want you to know that I love you very much. And I can't imagine a life where you're not there for me to love. It sounds so wrong." You breathed out a laugh.

"I love you too, Jinyoung."

FIN.