library • j.jk

0.3k WORDS;

warnings: fluff

warnings: fluff..

You had a love-hate relationship with working at your local library. One, you enjoyed it because you were a sucker for romance novels and two, because it was basically always quiet. The only reason you disliked it was because one person had studied your work schedule.

"Don't ignore me, ___ . It's your job to listen to me." Jeongguk pouted. Bouncing on the balls of his feet beside you.

"Jeongguk if you're not here to check out a book, leave." You murmured while scanning the back of books. "___" He dragged on, following close behind you.

"Just go home." You sighed and finally turned around to face him.

"Fine. I'll check out a book." It brought a smile to your face. "Okay, meet me at the counter." You brushed past him. It satisfied you that Jeongguk finally wanted something to do with an interest of yours.

Why? You really didn't know.

About three minutes later Jeongguk came jogging to the checkout counter with a dense novel. You rose your eyebrows in surprise. "What's the number on the back?" You questioned as you scavenged for the scanner.

"Yours."

A long sigh left you. Your eyes were screwed shut in annoyance. Of course, Jeongguk wasn't serious about reading something. Especially something that heavy.

It was like a seventh sense to detect the smirk on his face.

Your eyes popped open. "Come on ___. One date. It'll be fun, I promise." He pleaded. You narrowed your eyes at the boy in front of you. A bright idea suddenly erupted in your head.

"Okay," You bit your lip. Jeongguk's face visibly lit up. "But on one condition," A smirk etched onto your face.

"Anything." He sputtered.

"Anything? Are you sure about that?"

"Just spit it out." Jeongguk whined."Okay. If you can finish that book in a week, here so I can watch you, I'll go on not one but two dates with you."

Jeongguk groaned and placed his head onto the wooden counter. "Or I'll just decline all together-" you sneered."No!" he shook his head.

"So deal?" You jutted your hand out for it to be shook. Jeongguk huffed before placing his hand in yours."Deal,"

As you were about to pull away Jeongguk pulled you closer by your hand.

"I'll be anticipating those not one but two dates."

FIN.