dream • j.w

1.5k WORDS;

warnings: fluff, mutual pining, and swearing

not edited

"Now, what are we all here for, Jackson?" Jaebeom sighed from right beside you. Your best friend, famous musical artist, Jackson Wang, stood away from the couches where the seven of you sat. And you were all confused with what he was bouncing about.

"Okay," Jackson attempted to gather himself with a deep inhale. "You know the single I released this Monday," He continued to bounce in his spot.

You all gave each other a look before channeling the attention back to Jackson. "Yea," You all chorused.

"Well," He giggled giddily.

You heard Jinyoung scoff, "If you don't spit it out and tell us what the hell is going on."

The group chuckled lightly, earning a temporary glare from Jackson.

"Okay, okay. Dream went straight to number one!" He exclaimed excitedly. Your eyes widened, a hand instantly flying over your mouth in surprise.

"No way.." Your friends cheered, finding the energy to get up and shake Jackson around in excitement.

It was like you were plastered to your seat because you couldn't find the strength to move and celebrate with rest of them. This was Jackson's first ever song to reach number one. It was impressive, especially with all the big competitors in the market right now. But you still had faith in him, the same faith you had twelve years ago when he played his first song for you.

You never left Jackson's side. Even when the waves were at their rockiest, you'd still stick with him. No matter how distraught he was when something didn't happen, you were there to remind him he'd be the best one day. Although he was already the best in your book.

It was a bit emotional to see him so happy. It was emotional just to be experiencing this achievement with him. You were proud.

"Save the waterworks, ___." Jackson said before any tears could fall. You giggled and dropped your hand from your mouth. Showcasing your proud smile as he came to sit on the armrest right next to your seat.

"I mean can you blame the public? The song was so pretty." You said, getting agreements from your friends whie they returned to their seats.

You leaned your head on Jackson's thigh, "Whoever it's for should feel lucky right now." You stated nonchalantly. This time you didn't get a single peep from your friends. Not only that, Jackson seemed to tense up underneath your head.

"What?" You looked around in confusion.

"Are you joking?" Bambam was visibly holding back a laugh.