bet • b.b

0.7k WORDS;

warnings: swearing, mutual pining, slight angst, and fluff

"Goooo, pussy," Your friends kept trying to push you away from the corner you we're stationed in. You were attached to the wall by Victoria's Secret. Not prepared to face your possible fate.

Sadly, you had lost a bet about three days ago and that was if Bambam's group and himself showed up to the mall this saturday that you would have to ask him out; shoot your shot. He had been your crush for the past two years and all you two were were acquaintance.

Even his friends knew how much you liked him but Bambam still stood oblivious to your feelings. And that left room for the possibility of him not even liking you back.

That's why you were stock still by this artificial plant.

"You never forfeit a bet, ___." Your best friend groaned while pulling on your hand. You shook your head, knowing damn well that that was true.

But your thoughts still thundered and zapped at your confidence like lightning. What if he didn't like chubby girls? What if he didn't even like black girls? Maybe he did like all those but you didn't qualify.

"Stop over-fucking-thinking." Your other best friend wrapped her arms around your waist and tried yanking you.

"You're going to make a scene guys," You pushed her off.

"Well, we got an audience." All your friends looked ahead and you felt like you were going to faint.

Bambam and his friends in all their glory were walking over to your own group. "I think I left something in the store." You tried to escape but your friend was strong enough to keep you in your corner.

"Hanna, Jasmine, hi ___," Bambam came to give you a hug.

You only had limited time to panic before his arms were wrapping around your waist and your arms were wrapping around his neck. He gave you a squeeze before pulling away.

"What are you guys doing here?" Bambam asked, his eyes still on you. That caused you to look anywhere but him. The glass ceiling, the tiled floor, passing customers, anything.

"Shopping. What else would they be doing?" Jinyoung scoffed.

"Anyway, ___, is there something you have to say?" Jackson interjected. All eyes were on you. They knew. Your friends told them.

"M-Me? No, why would I have anything to say." You whispered.

"Why are you guys interrogating her like this?" Bambam wrinkled his face, wrapping an arm around your shoulder and leaning on the wall with you.

"Only if you knew." Yugyeom bit back a laugh.

"I'm so confused right now." Bambam sighed, turning his attention to you. Your eyes were currently burning into the floor. Your cheeks' heat felt like it was going to suffocate you.

"Do you know what they're talking about?" He asked.

"No idea." You shook your head.

"___, just do it. Look we'll all hide behind this corner." Jasmine scoffed. She dragged everyone to stay put against the corner of Victoria's Secret. All of their heads still peaked over he edge though so it was no point in them moving.

You inhaled sharply. "You guys are acting so weird. ___ and I should just ditch all of you." Bambam joked, but it didn't do anything nice to your raging feelings. If anything, it sent another pang to your heart. He was just so vibrant, and fun, who didn't have a crush on him?

"Bambam," You shoved all of your con's and doubts into a tiny box inside of your mind. He hummed and looked down at you again. "Just for some context, I lost a bet a couple days ago,"

"Okay," He laughed. "What does that have to do-" Bambam paused, starting to connect the dots. All of your friends acting odd and excited, them isolating you two together, and you took the cake for how awkward you were acting.

"Well shit." Bambam retracted his arm from around you. And that broke your spirit in half, every feeling that you built off an interaction with him- shattered. Of course, and it just had to happen in public for you.

"If what's going on is what I think what's going on, then I like you too, ___." You couldn't believe your ears. Your head perked up from its sulk and your friends began to celebrate. Your face became flustered as your friends started pushing you both into each other.

"Maybe we should really ditch them now." Bambam whispered to you and you giggled.

"We heard that!"

FIN.