match • w.yk/w.l

0.8k WORDS;

 warnings: fluff, mentions of breaks, kissing, and mentions of travel

They stood in a circle. The only one who had no clue what was going on was Lucas. "We're out in the cold and for what.." He huffed, gazing around the familiar park.

The park they all came to during high school. the park where you and lucas had your first date, the park where you and lucas shared and cherished your first kiss, the park where you told him you were going abroad for college and not staying local like he was. the park where you two said you'd take a break.

lucas tried to stay positive about this park. you two had made so many good memories here, from being chased by dogs to cuddling on the worn out benches. it was your place. your park. but then you guys started making not so good memories. such as the break.

something lucas did not want to remember. he missed you, yet he knew you were at your happiest teaching kids in singapore english and he didn't want you to feel bad for that. lucas just missed falling asleep to your soft breathing, he missed waking up to you playing in his hair and giggling when he peppered your face with kisses.

oh, he so wanted to kiss you right now. not only did lucas miss your lips, he missed the cute laugh that would spill from in between them. the pout you sported when you were concentrated, the pursing of lips you would do when you were flustered, lucas missed every little detail that you had.

"we have a surprise for you." mark said, barely being able to hide his grin. the plan, the plan was for you to see lucas after a solid five months in the flesh. the plan was for you to say you didn't want to be on break anymore, you wanted lucas back.

and that's where you were on your way to. you jogged past people, sparing excuse me's and multiple sorry's. you were thrilled when mark called you and told you about lucas. uou weren't so thrilled to hear that lucas had somehow lost his spark. he smiled less, didn't joke as often, and rarely went out with them.

mark said it was because you were his match, the match that ignited his happiness. since you guys hadn't been talking for almost half a year, eventually his own spark ran out.

it wasn't like you really wanted to take a break from lucas. it was just that you wanted to test the waters with how you would handle the world without him. lucas had always been by your side every step of the way from elementary school, even when he was just your dorky neighbor, he was there for you.

the waters were rough without lucas. you thought you were going to drown without contacting lucas soon. and it couldn't have come at a better time. you were on break from school momentarily, saying you had a family emergency in america.

but really, you were just going to visit the person you've been yearning to see all these months. the person you've been wishing to talk to for days, and weeks.

"wow." you spoke quietly. finding your friend group, luckily Lucas's back was turned to you. you inhaled the cold air sharply before strutting forward and stopping a couple steps behind lucas. he still stood clueless.

your friend group tried their best not to make a peep. shooting you appreciative glances around lucas and looks that shouted i missed you. you took a glimpse at mark, the mastermind behind this whole plan for his best friend.

"what is wrong with you guys?" hearing Lucas's voice gave you chills. you visibly shuddered, and not from the cold. you hadn't realized how much you missed his presence until you were in it.

"it's here." chittapon snorted, pointing behind lucas. confused and curious, lucas turned around. the last thing he expected for you to be right there.

he paused, jaw practically on the snowy ground and eyes ten times wider. your smile widened, "hi, wong yukhei." you giggled, it went straight to his weak. warming the weak spot you had left in him when you two first met.

no words were spoken when lucas picked you up and twirled you around. only laughter and squeals. lucas placed you down and cupped your jaw in his large hands. his smile was as bright as the fairy lights that lined the bare park trees. maybe even brighter.

lucas pressed his forehead onto yours. not being able to find the proper words to show how he really felt now that you were here. so, all you got was, "how?"

you let out an airy laugh, "plane? how else?" you sneered. lucas couldn't resist but laugh along, not even remembering his friends were right beside you both before crashing his lips into yours. he couldn't help himself. he missed you. he missed how gently you leaned into his straightforward kisses.

it caused an uproar, a chorus of objection and occasional gags sounded from your over exaggerating friends. lucas didn't care, neither did you. because you both had each other again. you were both protected again.

FIN.