Prologue

Tears trickled down pale chubby cheeks, soft deep blue eyes like a storming ocean, open wide.
Terror stricken, staring into red glowing eyes surrounded by deep brown fur, blood covered the ground.

A tiny trembling hand. Soft skin covered in a warm crimson metallic liquid.

The small child stared in agony, pain written all over it's face.

Bodies strewn. Thrown about like a massacre.

A massacre it was.

"Noona...!" A soft giggle floated across the cottage in the light yellow kitchen, as a sweet wrinkled smile faced the delicate beauty seated at the table. A bright grin spread across her features as she watched her grandmother cook.
It was her favorite.
Homemade macaroni and cheese, made with love from her Noona.

"Sit down, love" Her grandmother chuckled in amusement.
The young seventeen year old girl sitting at the small table only shared by two, was jumping in her own seat with childish immature excitement not common in a young woman her age.
No one would ever comment though.

No one could ever find it in themselves to.

"Are you finished in the garden? Clean up properly?" Her Noona chided as Maia swung her legs in the chair.

Maia was a werewolf, but due to early childhood complications, her size was half that of a normal female werewolf.

Maia stood as a grown wolf at only 4'11ft, though she pleaded to be placed at 5'ft on her doctor's charts.
It didn't diminish her beauty despite the size of herself. She never felt hindered either; rather, her size allowed for greater things than bigger wolves.

Such as hide and seek.

Her grandmother had quite the difficulty chasing away suitors with less than admirable motivation.
If not for being the current Alpha's great Aunt and close family, she would be suffering with how much trouble the young hot blooded warriors of the pack could cause.

"Yes Noona, my roses are growing so pretty" Maia began to ramble on about the multi colored rose garden made for her therapy.
Maia was... stuck in a certain phase of immaturity despite her wonderful ability to display her bright mind. Maia was talented in tracking, and her small size made her faster than most wolves. She was excellent at evasion and escape, since she was first able to shift at the age of six.

Most children shifted when they hit puberty, but if put under extreme stress, they are known to shift early.

Maia's Noona placed the food down and the two quickly said grace to the Moon Goddess before quietly digging in. Maia was well behaved, obedient, and endlessly kind. Despite her own nature, she had a keen ability to see another's emotion.
She was always happy to lend a hand and help.

Her clumsy nature made it impossible for her to perform normal tasks.

She couldn't cook without starting a fire, or clean without becoming dirty in the process. She was always positive, never allowing herself to become sullied by such negativity.
She's always ready to help.

The little girl dressed in a lacy soft white dress swung her feet happily as she chirped at her Noona as they made small talk.
Nothing strenuous was ever brought up in front of Maia.
A protected white rose in a garden.

Or a guarded naive left to her ignorance.

"Haahhhhhhh.....!" The scream echoed off the dark wet cement walls.
The cold air did nothing against a werewolf- but the silver chains wrapped around each wrist, ankle, and the rogue's neck did not allow the wolf within him to protect against the pain and torture caused by a ferocious Alpha.
A blood chilling smile laid upon dark features as they looked at the frail but snarling lone wolf in the prison.