•23•

Lucien sat silently at his desk in his office, Payten was relieved of duties until further notice to spend time with his mate.
Maia was asleep, sweetly laying in his lap strangling him while her head rested on his chest.
Lucien hadn't said anything about her grandmother- he was going to place her in the room next door with a few posted guards to assure she was safe and not within hearing distance.

"Alpha, Beta Micheal has arrived" Lucien glanced at Thomas and gave him a nod to allow Micheal in- and from the smell of it- Bambi as well.
The two walked in, a arm wrapped around Bambi's waist to hold her against Micheal.
She looked like Maia did- tired and pale.

He should also attempt to question her as well- with her marked it meant his Alpha command would hold effect as well.
Lucien tilted his head for Micheal and Bambi to take a seat- while Lucien stood with Maia had carried her to the room next door. It was soundproof and the room he used when he was working so late he was too exhausted to even make it to his own bed.

Laying her down and appointing Thomas and Louise as her guards, Lucien silently made his way back to his office to sit back at his desk.

Normally he'd never focus his eyes on a mated female- especially leveling a glare- but it was necessary.
Even Micheal's low growl was no deterrent.

Bambi shifted uncomfortably, and much like Maia, she was a little thing.

"I'm sure you're aware of recent events?" Lucien began slowly, trying his damn best to be calm and rational despite his wolf's ire for such tactics with their mate in trouble.
Bambi nodded, her lips pressed in a thin line, and a handheld whiteboard clutches firmly in her grasp. So much so her knuckles were turning white.

She was anxious and scared.

"Any information is helpful Bambi, I understand this subject frightens you as much as Maia... but we need to know what's going on" Lucien thought his words were fair and even.
Micheal calmed as well, but clutched Bambi against him protectively in case his Alpha lost his cool.

Bambi scribbled Away for a moment.

There isn't anything to understand

Lucien growled. What the fuck was that supposed to mean?

"I'm not sure we follow baby, why did that note make Luna have a panic attack? What did it mean?" Micheal interjected before Lucien could get nasty.

Bambi looked increasingly wary. She was fidgeting and obviously uncomfortable.

"Bambi... the note said 'Beautiful Little Thing'. What does that mean? Who was it from?" Micheal tried again when Bambi looked shaken on what to write.

It's what he called me and Maia

"Who Bambi?" Lucien questioned again.
This was beyond frustrating. Lucien would've rather had his teeth pulled one by one than this game of cat and mouse here.

Bambi's breathing accelerated, her heart thumping painfully loud as her panic rose. This was obviously something she was terrified to even speak about.
Since she hadn't spoken. Not once.

The one who ruined our lives

Who ruined their lives?
The rogues who killed Maia's family and Bambi's mother?

"Bambi we need a name, face, anything" Lucien pressed firmly, his Alpha command slightly slipping in. He was a bit sheepish under Micheal's hard stare.

Bambi's hands trembled.

Red eyes

Red eyes? A vampire...? That wasn't possible, because that would mean it wasn't rogues.
What really happened that night then?
Did the old woman lie? Or did even she not know the truth...

These mysteries were far too confusing, and irritating for Lucien. He simply wanted his mate safe and hopefully pregnant soon.
If she wanted it...

This isn't on his planning list.

Bambi loudly swallowed, before writing away for a minute again.

He's not going to stop until we are dead. We made a choice and now we are paying for it.

Lucien and Micheal both frowned.
What does this even mean...?

"What... what choice did you make Bambi?" Micheal tried, softly petting her hair to calm the trembling girl by his side.
Bambi looked at her lap for a moment, her board laying down as well.
She swallowed again, and in the room, a hoarse voice spoke.

"Who dies"