•4•

Micheal felt her before he could smell her.
He raced from the stuffy ball, where he felt like suffocating on his own air.
His beast was out, and it knew exactly where his little mate was. Finally liberating his need to satiate his one goal in this life- as he has already completed every other. Well- except making a competent cup of coffee.

Finding his mate.

Racing through the woods at a speed no wolf- even an Alpha- could follow, he finds himself finally smelling her.

It was as if he could smell his childhood which seems so far away.
Cinnamon rolls his mom used to make. Sweet and addicting, he felt himself grow warm and nearly sent his Lycan into a frenzy.
It smelt to fucking good. Better than blood or the musky scent of a female in heat.

His mind raced.

Just like that. He saw her.

Tiny.

Ridiculously small, and he even questioned if she was old enough to truly be his mate, but she had to be at least sixteen. If not, he wouldn't be able to tell, as over and over in his mind, his beast screamed at him.
A petite curly haired blonde, dressed adorably, shaking as she stared off into the forest before her just outside her house.
He could hear her heartbeat, and feel the distress rolling off her sweet body in waves.
He wanted to observe just a little more, look a little longer- but the beast within him was impatient.

It wanted to hold her. Claim her. Take her little body on the forest floor until she was crying in aching pleasure.

Primal thoughts dominated him, and the growl left his throat before he could stop it.

Shit...

She jumped. Visibly jumped in fright, and he saw now she held a little note pad close to her chest, as she took a shaking step back.

Too cute. She was spooked by the dark forest and a little growl.

She couldn't not feel the mate bond already strengthening now that they were so close.

She was so close...

Then she turned, as if to take off running, and panic struck him.
Another growl, a warning this time, came out- and like a statue she froze.
He towered over her, and he realized now she might cower away in fear if he appears like this.
So he shifted, the only sounds were their own breathing- both uneven, yet for different reasons, and the sounds of shifting bones.

He stood naked, but that thought simply didn't pass through his mind, as he stared down at her trembling back.
She still hadn't turned around, as if the mere thought was too terrifying even when he absolutely knew she had to know already.

Her mate was standing right behind her.