•30•

"Bambi" Noona stood in the entry way of the office where Lucien's scent still lingered heavily in the air.
Looking at the small blonde standing in the arms of her mate, she gave a familiar soft smile.

Bambi nodded her head respectfully with a small smile- but it was forced- no dimples appeared like usual in her cheeks. Nor was her skin flushed with pink and vitality, instead pale and somewhat sickly.
The older woman knew something wasn't right, especially the call she received which requested she come so quickly to the White Lotus pack.
Being so old, she had to take a vehicle, her wolf unable to make the run despite being so near.

"Thank you for coming" Micheal nodded as well, but kept a firm grasp around Bambi's waist. His chest felt oddly heavy, but was well aware it was a combination of their stress and Bambi's anxiety.
"It's my pleasure... what can I do for you? Is your Alpha and Luna around?" Her question was simple, but she was implying it was odd not to see her granddaughter after she's just shown up.

"Luna and Alpha left for a bit and should be returning soon. I'm sorry to have made you wait- let me contact Payten to get a room set up for you" The older woman nodded, seeing the situation seemed a bit delicate.
Micheal did as he said and let Payten know to have a few people set up a space for Luna's grandmother, before politely apologizing again with the excuse Bambi wasn't feeling well.

Everyone knew werewolves didn't get sick though.

Escaping with Bambi, Micheal quickly dragging her into his car before driving them home, fully intending on getting at least something from his mate again.
If she could talk once, she could talk again.

When the house came into view, Bambi felt increasingly panicked.
Would her mate reject her now? Was she being too paranoid? They still hadn't completed the bond fully, but she could still feel the partial bond, yet it was weak and withered.
That was her fault too.
Bambi didn't question her mate when he opened the car door, and carefully helped her out, nor did she resist when she was taken not to the bedroom but to an office she hadn't been in yet.
It was cozy and warm, much like the rest of the house.

Sitting down in the chair behind the desk, Micheal left his mate standing somewhat awkwardly while he sized her up for a moment.

She really did look sick.

Tiny, thin, pale, and somewhat shaken. Still gorgeous as the day he met her, but it didn't change that her health had obviously declined.

That was his fault, without a doubt.
His wolf was furious inside as well, at both of them, for being so neglectful.
Micheal took the soft approach with her, but it seems rules needed to be implemented first.
Sighing, he faced her at eye level even sitting.
Her nervousness was clear as she wrung her small hands while trying to keep still under his scrutiny.

Finally, he spoke.
"I won't force you to speak. I understand there is more to this than meets the eye, but I know you can use your voice. If I ask a question, if I tell you to do something, if I tell you no, you will write a respectful reply. Am I clear?" His tone was hard, unforgiving, and left absolutely no room for refusal.
Shaken by the harsh demeanor, Bambi hesitated for a moment- but ultimately knew it was her best interest to form a reply quickly.
She wrote fast, her handwriting somewhat sloppy.

Yes

Nodding his head, he continued.
"I will be addressed as sir from this point forward. You can address me by my name when you've earned it. Am I clear?"
His sharp gaze was fierce and intimidating- and suddenly Bambi felt like he was staring down at her.
Biting her lip, she wrote her reply.

Yes sir

Finally, his posture relaxed a bit.
"I expect you to eat three meals a day. If you miss one without telling me for any reason besides an absolute emergency, I will whip your ass with my belt. Am I clear?"
Her blood ran cold as Bambi finally realized he was laying out more than just ground rules. He was laying out punishment.

She quickly replied, but Micheal wasn't done.

"You will listen when I tell you to. I don't say things without good god damn reason, and almost one hundred percent of the time, it's for your safety and health. Am I fucking clear?" His tone took an even harsher edge, and finally he stood from the chair to his full height.
Nearly taking a step back, Bambi felt her wolf howling in approval.
Their mate wasn't rejecting them- and while Bambi herself felt oddly offended, she dared not say it aloud. Sure enough, she didn't doubt his earlier threat of spanking her.

Yes sir

Her hands trembled a bit holding the whiteboard, but she still managed to reply properly.
Nodding his head, Micheal moved around the desk to lean on the front slightly, only a few feet away from her now.
This man was nothing short of huge and terrifying right now.

"You will have a bed time at 10pm, you will be completely showered and ready at least thirty minutes beforehand..."
He took a step forward to tower over her completely. "I understand the first impression of this home was completely offhanded, and I can swear it will never happen again Bambi, but mark my words, you pull anything like harming yourself, starving yourself, disrespecting me or yourself, and I will bend you over my knee like a child and give you something real to cry about" She could felt his body heat, and his scent was intoxicating.
Her mouth felt dry, and she finally realized she was nearly panting.

Forcing herself to look up, just to glance at his face, she soon became completely frozen when she saw his eyes flickered back and forth... his wolf and him were in complete agreement.
Licking her lips, Bambi nodded.

Yes sir
Her handwriting was barely legible with how hard her hands shook.

Nodding, Micheal moved back, drinking in the sight of his flushed and trembling girl, enjoying the soft scent of her arousal teasing the air. She herself didn't even seem to realize it.

A firm hand seemed to be what she really needed.
When was the last time someone other than Maia's grandmother cared about what she ate? When she slept? How she was doing?
It would change now though- whether she liked it or not.