•35•

Trouble would now be her middle name.

At least, that was her plan, but she could only move about carefully.
Lycans seemed to have an even more sensitive nose than she imagined.
First, she had to climb through an air vent- thankfully her size allowed such a venture- then, she had to avoid alerting any nearby wolves with the noises she made.
She even had to hold her breath, and keep on a jacket Lucien wore before, to muffle her scent a little more.

Finding her Noona wasn't too difficult though, and arriving at her door was refreshing.

Her wolf was yipping inside her, and Maia could feel her happiness strengthening her own.

Opening the door, and slipping inside, Maia was greeted with a beautiful white room with bay windows looking out to a garden.
Her Noona stood, the elderly wolf unhindered by age as she was pulling Maia into a strong embrace.

"Little wolf" Her Noona murmured, nearly smothering Maia as she giggled and hugged the woman back.

"Noona, I've missed you" Maia leaned back just enough to kiss her cheek, before snuggling back into the cinnamon scented woman.
"Sweet girl, you got permission to see me?" The knowing tone was already a give away- her Noona knew she left without permission.
She just wanted to hear Maia admit it.

"I did not... but it's okay! Luna Hailey told me that I should listen to my wolf, and I'm doing that. We wanted to see you"

The older wolf couldn't possibly find fault for such a filial reason- both her wolf and her granddaughter were desperate to see her. It was impossible to be disappointed.
She was even proud, shockingly, that she was still held in Maia's heart even after the mating.

She looked over her granddaughter- who looked a little plumper, her hair shinier, and her eyes sparkling. She still clutched the stuffed toy Richie, but her smile was much like a freshly mated shewolf.
Her anxieties cooled, and her eyes swelled with tears.
Maia was gripped tightly in a loving and warm embrace, as her Noona pulled her over to the couch to talk over tea.

"I've gotten really good at chess! Luci's been a really good teacher. I also learned how to make homemade banana bread, it was Luci's mother's recipe, and also-!"
Maia babbled away, excited and animated, open and warm.
It was different, she was less uncomfortable with long conversations, less distracted by the world.
She openly held her Noona's hand, drinking black tea with only a few sugar cubes, and asking about her matyr pack.

"I'm glad you're happy my dear" Noona smiled gently, relaxing as the day wore on, the sun beginning to set slowly while orange and yellow bathed the white room in color.

Maia paused, setting the small treats given to her down.

Was she happy?

Her wolf howled, and a burst of warmth spread through her body.

"Thank you Noona" Maia reached out, and pulled her once more into a hug. This time it was Maia hugging, trying to soak in the memories of her Noona deeply into her being.

Noona chuckled, patting Maia softly, "You should be getting back though, we can't have your mate panicking when he can't find you-"

A loud crash startled the two, but a rush of paws hitting hardwood floors, and sinking claws scraping walls was distinct.
Maia shot up, as coconut and pineapples washed over her. Fresh, and not faded like the scent clinging to the jacket she wore.
This scent would normally bring her peace, but his scent was diluted with something sour.

Anger.

"Oh dear..." her Noona stood, moving away, before the beautifully carved double doors to the sitting room were smashed open.
Maia felt dread wash over her, a guilty sort, as she fell to her butt.
Her knees seemed to agree it best not to make a run for it but-
She scrambled back from the snarling wolf looming over her.
Those striking eyes already biting into her with far sharper teeth than the ones within his mouth.