•36•

The werewolf world is no less advanced than the human one, and living amongst humans is considered common for smaller packs and makes communication easier.
Territory breaches are rare, most packs meet in neutral territory for discussion.

That is where Lucien is, sitting in an office with six other Alphas, and two of which are Lycan.
The suffocating smells were a bit aggravating to him, but he brushed it off for the note that it was a necessity for his mate.
Who was hopefully being obedient at home, for her sake. Lucien had left her with her Noona, and had one of his female warriors watching over her as well.

"Shall we begin?" Alpha Cyrus controlled BlueLake, and was an acquaintance of Lucien, he was also Lycan, and a bit older than himself.
He just hated Micheal, but his own beta got along fine with him.

Micheal stood behind Lucien who sat at the wide oval table, the smell of oak and pine in the room was ruined with the smell of alpha.

Lucien nodded at Cyrus, who began to present his information found in the vampire communities.

"It's possible there is a leak in your pack, how else could a blood sucker sneak onto your territory without leaving a scent?" Alpha Kalu lifted a skeptical brow at Lucien, who let out a warning rumble to his disrespect.

"My pack is loyal- and it's not just my pack he came into before. Moon Rose as well had a vampire invasion" Lucien snorted.

"Let's discuss prevention methods before we go into targeting and tracking" Cyrus brought the focus back to the topic at hand.

"Please, just eat it" When Tanya was told she'd be guarding the Luna, this isn't what she expected to witness.
An elderly woman nearly begging a grown wolf to eat a carrot.

"It's gross" Maia shook her head, her pout prominent and her attitude set.

It was painful, her position as a top warrior. As a female, she fought tooth and nail to be considered a trusted aid within the pack, and within the hierarchy, have a well off life style. While the pack had allowed females to become warriors outside of motherhood in the recent centuries, it didn't mean Tanya didn't face her share of difficulties outside of the usual training.
Even if she was not patiently waiting to find her mate, who may not even be born yet, she wouldn't settle for the beasts who looked down at her in the beginning.

So with hard work and effort, she gained the honor of being the Luna's personal guard.

A Luna, a female alpha, who would slowly gain the power and might of her alpha after her completed bonding.
Tanya had been overjoyed initially, but sitting here now, and watching a young adult wolf struggle with a carrot on her dinner plate...

She felt depressed somehow.

"Should we call Bambi over? I bet she's lonely at Beta Micheal's cabin..."

Tanya noted that the honored guest, her Luna's grandmother and the one who spoiled this girl to the point of rejecting carrots, had given up the fight.

"You're right... she must be lonely"

Tanya didn't comment that this young adult in high authority also clutched a... stuffed toy? She wasn't even sure if dolphin's could naturally be such a color.
She turned her head away from the fact that her Alpha also seemed to have scented the toy as well.
Tanya was a guard, to protect and defend.

It wasn't her place to comment... even if she wanted to.

"I'll give her a call. Why don't you find a movie we can all watch?" Maia grinned at the idea, only glancing briefly at the newly purchased phone on the table.
She was most likely awaiting a message from her mate.

Tanya had spent most her life training and competing. Romance was not something usually thrown in her face.
She was apart of the single wolf committee for life apparently.

Not even an hour passed before an escort alerted Tanya of the Beta female's presence. Another high standing female, though she was mildly aware of some troubles the Beta and Beta female faced.
She had met her once before, though informally and not ever actually introduced.
Tanya took note that she wasn't introduced to her Alpha female either...

Was this a sign her position wasn't stable?

The small blonde wolf threw herself into the brunette's arms upon entrance.
The girls giggled while having a vocal and written conversation.
Tanya already knew her Beta female was mute, and her excellent poker face disallowed for any mistake in conduct.
She silently applauded herself. She was a great warrior... babysitting.

Tanya shook off the thought. The past Female alpha and Beta female would usually discuss pack business, fundraising, and events, and she was sure these ladies, while young and immature, would be no different.

...

Tanya's pride took a drop, as she struggled to maintain her features.
The "Little Mermaid" was up on the newest flat screen TV, one which even Tanya didn't dare to waste money on.
The honored grandmother? Also watching.

They acted deeply engrossed, singing along to each song, and entirely ignoring her presence all together.

Is she even necessary?

Lucien returned three days later, and was pleased to find that while his mate has binged on movies and snacks, she was in place and safe.

"I'll grab Bambi" Micheal had came to pick up his own mate. Seeing her so peacefully asleep while wrapped in blankets on the couch was comforting.
Her cheeks had regained a lot of lost color.

"Close the door on your way out" Lucien's heartless words and lack of care regarding Micheal wasn't unusual.
Micheal might've taken the time to tease and ruffle his Alpha's fur, but he was craving the connection he had missed during their emergency conference.
Bambi woke when she sensed her mate, and was happy to be carried out.

Maia also regained consciousness, looking adorably sleepy.
The fatigue faded at the sight of her mate, and she was quickly energized. She leapt into Lucien's arms, her lips capturing his the moment he cradled her.

Two strong and powerful wolves, holding their precious mates... made Tanya want to go back to grunt work of patrolling the boarders.

Single wolf committee chairman. That's what Tanya was. She wasn't even acknowledged.