001

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"Hwayoung? Are you listening?" My friend snapped her dainty fingers in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh I'm sorry." I placed a strand of hair behind my ear. "What were you saying?"

"I said, there's a new student. His name is Jimin," she informed me as I put away my books in my bag.

"Oh, that's nice," I nodded and turned to her. "What about him?"

"Apparently he's a dancer too, he'll be in our department!" She beamed, her bubbly personality shining through her dimpled smile.

"Good for him, I guess," I shrugged.

"Oh, come on! I think you should start dating someone. I mean it's a whole new school year in university. You're starting fresh now! Classes haven't kicked in yet and professors are merely warming up to their students. Give yourself a break for once." She nudged me slightly. "You overwork yourself too much."

"That's not what I'm doing Bong-Cha," I sighed.

"Then what are you doing?" She paused to examine my features. "You look thin, have you been eating?"

"Yes mom." I rolled my eyes playfully.

We made our way to our classroom, and there he was, Hobi. My best friend, who also happens to be my crush since the third grade.

He smiled and waved at us excitedly, bringing butterflies to my stomach. Only thing is, his smile wasn't directed at me; it was for Bong-Cha.

Of course.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:
hope u liked the first chapter of red tulips!
happy new year, here's to a great 2020 <3