014

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"If you wanted Bong-Cha to be here, you could've just said so," I sighed as I fished for my phone in my bag.

"I didn't say that." He grabbed my wrist gently to stop me from calling her.

"Then?"

"I just think having people you're comfortable with might loosen you up a bit more," Jimin attempted to rationalize, but I saw right through him.

"You like her, don't you?" I sighed as I placed my phone back on my purse and grabbed my drink again.

"N-no, I don't even know her!"

"But you want to." I gave him a knowing look.

"I-" he sighed. "She's so beautiful, Hwayoung." He combed his hair back as he faced his drink.

"I know," I nodded as I rubbed circles around the brim of the glass. "Have you actually talked to her?"

"Yes. She's so nice too," he sighed. "I really want to get to know her better." He shook his head at himself.

And yet, you couldn't take a couple of hours to get to know me.

"Do you really like her?" My voice came out as a whisper.

"I mean, I don't know. I'd just like to take her out and get to know her." A smile fought its way onto his face. "Can you tell me more about her?"

Of course Jimin was acting nice, dare I say flirting earlier; he wanted information about Bong-Cha.

"Actually, I think I should get going. It's getting late," I cleared my throat as I put money on the counter and got up from my seat.

"It's five, Hwayoung." Jimin furrowed his eyebrows whilst I avoided any eye contact.

And to think, I was actually enjoying his company.

"Wait, I- did I say something?" He took a hold of my wrist so I wouldn't leave.

"No, you didn't," I smiled tightly. "I had a lovely time, please get home safely. I'll make sure to put in a good word for you when I talk to Bong-Cha."

"Hwayoung-"

I managed to get out of his grip and left the bar.

Why does this happen every time?

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

okay before u guys start coming at baby hwayoung, please try to understand where she's coming from.
it's exhausting being used time and time again.

everytime she realizes someone is using her, she keeps her distance. she knows she doesn't deserve that.

anyway, beside the point, i changed my cover!
thank u tropicalxsabotage for taking ur time to do it for me🥺