021

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"Hwayoung, can I talk to you about something?" Bong-Cha hesitantly asked as she sat up on her bed.

I quickly paused the show and turned to her.

I know that voice. She's nervous about something.

"Anything, Bong-Cha." I sat up slightly and leaned my back on her headboard.

"I- well," she audibly sighed. "Hobi told me that he liked me." She closed her eyes in defeat. "I, of course, immediately turned him down, Hwayoung. I would never do that to you."

"It's okay, Bong-Cha." I shook my head dismissively.

"No, it's not! What the heck! We used to plan out how you would confess to him, and you used to gush about him all the time! I always thought he had the biggest crush on you, why the heck would he even look at me?! I never flirted with him, not once! I promise Hwayoung-ie," she rambled.

"I know Bong-Cha," I smiled softly at her. "But he doesn't like me. It's okay, I've accepted the fact," I slowly nodded.

"Wait, you knew?"

"Yes." My eyes watered slightly as her arms wrapped around me, holding me. "He told me he was going to confess."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Bong-Cha whispered.

"It wasn't my place to tell."

"I'm sorry Hwayoung." A defeated sigh escaped her lips.

"It's not your fault, idiot." I nudged her side, making her smile slightly.

"I love you." She hugged me tightly as I rolled my eyes. "I'm glad we're okay."

"Yeah yeah, let's just keep watching the show," I grumbled with a small smile.

I know countless people use me to get to her, but I wouldn't trade our friendship for anything.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

updating early because this bitch (me) doesn't have classes on fridays now WOOOOO!
can u feel my excitement? hehe

anyway,
bong-cha did not get together with hobi. i really wanted to show u all how strong her friendship with hwayoung is.
i'm not about pinning best friends against each other, ever.

sorry if it seems anticlimactic, but i have other plans for all of them and don't want to start unnecessary drama between smol beans.

in other news, thank u all so much for 600 reads on red tulips🥺🥺.
i love u all soo much.
thank u for giving red tulips a chance; it's my lil baby.
i'm veryy grateful for all of u, truly.

i appreciate u babz. please stay safe and healthy<3