010

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"No."

Jimin and I panted in front of Mr. Choi as he judged our performance.

"No?" Jimin was the first to question his response to our routine. "What does that mean?"

"I don't like it," Mr. Choi stated matter-of-factly.

"But-" I started, only to get silenced by Mr. Choi's hand in front of my face.

Okay, that's getting annoying.

"It lacks something," he pondered as he examined our positions and body language. "You don't have any chemistry," he sighed.

"We'll work on it-"

"Ms. Min, the chemistry is not a thing you can rush. It is not something you can force." Mr. Choi shook his head as he held the bridge of his nose in irritation. "I gave you this performance because I believed your auditions proved your undeniable passion and capabilities," he sighed.

"Mr Choi-" Jimin started.

"Maybe I made a mistake." He shook his head in disappointment. "Everyone knows a performance isn't powerful if the dancers lack chemistry."

"No!" I impulsively exclaimed to the professor. "Sorry, I mean, give us another chance, please. We'll prove it to you," I tried, a smile and a respectful bow sent his way.

He seemed to be considering it thoroughly before nodding his head.

"Okay, but something has to change." He eyed us curiously. "I want you both to spend the whole day together. Tomorrow, you will be excused from rehearsal and your classes. I will contact your other professors for your absence to your classes tomorrow." He rubbed his forehead as he sighed, "I will check on you in a week. In the time being, you will spend time with each other until you get more comfortable of the other's presence. If there is still no chemistry after next week, your piece will be cut off the set list. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir," Jimin said and I bowed respectfully as we waited for further instruction.

"You're free to go," he shooed us with a wave of his hand.

Jimin and I walked silently to the separate locker rooms to change to our everyday clothing.

"Jimin?" I broke the silence. He quickly whipped his head in my direction and eyed me curiously.

"Yes?"

"What do you want to do tomorrow?"

I can't let this part slip through my fingers.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:
well, they have no chemistry 🥴

actually it is quite normal for dancers to lack chemistry, and if that's the case then the performance will not be as impactful or captivating.

and we know hwayoung's ambitious and wants to make this happen.

so here's to them spending more time together ;)