054

[imagine they're red tulips please, thanks loves🤍]

Hwayoung

I walked into the record store, making the bell chime as per usual.

"We're closed," Jimin shouted from his spot as he continued to organize the CDs.

I stifled a laugh before I quietly made my way towards him. His backside faced me as I leaned on him slightly. I felt him tense up as my hands reached his shoulders.

"Jimin," I whispered in his ear to surprise him.

His shoulders relaxed significantly and he turned around with a bright smile on his face.

"Hwayoung," he breathed before hugging me. "Wait!" He pulled away before I could melt into his hug. "I got you something!" He beamed.

He ran to the back of the store, through the "employees only" door, leaving me standing awkwardly and confused. Anticipation coursed through my veins as I saw him approach me with his right hand behind his back.

I tilted my head as I observed him. "What is it?" I giggled when I saw his smile widen. "Let me see." I reached for his hand that remained hidden but he quickly dodged my attempts.

"Ah ah, so impatient, little flower," he chuckled before he finally revealed the item on his hand.

Tulips. Correction, red tulips.

"Jimin," I gasped as my eyes watered. "You-"

"I didn't get the chance to buy you flowers when I confessed," he smiled nervously.

"You didn't have to get me any," I smiled softly, tears in the brim of eyes.

"I know, little flower, but I wanted to," he smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly.

"Thank you." My smile never left my face. "Wait, I have a question," I chuckled nervously

"Ask away." He brushed my hair away from my cheeks.

"Do you actually know the meanings of the flowers you get me?" I chuckled.

"Of course." He sounded almost offended. "My girl loves flowers," Jimin smiled brightly. "I have to know what each mean before I give them to you." A small smirk evident on his face.

"Really?" I chuckled, not sure if I should believe him.

"You think I'm lying?" He gasped, his eyes exaggeratedly wide.

"I didn't say that," I giggled.

"Okay. First time I got you flowers, they were buckwheat flowers, which represent lovers. Now, I got you red tulips; they represent true love or when someone's in love," he smirked, knowing he got all of that right.

My heart softened at his words. He could've just gotten me roses and called it a day; yet, he focused so much on the small details, for me.

"Wow, I love you," I sighed as I looked up at him.

He blushed slightly at my comment, the smirk on his face now replaced with a shy smile.

"You got me buckwheat flowers before we were even together though." I frowned.

"I already knew I loved you. Every conversation we had, every dance practice, every joke, every laugh- everything we did was so special to me. I loved every moment we shared." He placed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I knew you were it. You're it for me, little flower. You're all I've ever wanted and all I ever want." He pecked my nose.

"Do you want me to just start sobbing in the middle of the store?" I sniffled as tears streamed down my cheeks. "Jimin..." I paused to glance up him as he wiped my tears away. "You're it for me, too," I smiled gently. "I'm so happy with you. I wouldn't change anything," I whispered before pressing my lips against his soft cheek. "You're my person."

"I love you," we let out at the same time before laughing heartily.

He pressed his forehead against mine and stroked my cheek, causing me to lean into his touch.

"You're my destination little flower," Jimin whispered as his eyes bored into mine.

"And you are mine," I whispered against his lips before capturing them with my own in an intoxicating kiss.

Jimin makes me feel alive.

For the first time, in along time, I felt truly appreciated; he doesn't love me because I'm Bong-Cha's best friend, he loves me, simply, for being me.

I'm not a mere stop along the way, I'm the destination.

Jimin is my destination, always.

And I am his.

Thank you Jimin, for showing me what love truly is.

The End.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

that's it. red tulips has officially come to an end.

what do u all think of red tulips? :)

i hope all of u like the ending 🥺

hwayoung finally found someone who truly appreciates her🥰

i hope u all had a nice friday!

hope u all got ur bts tickets, if not then i hope this update cheers u up a bit! :)

a rumination will be published tomorrow or sunday, please read it guys. it's very important to me that u do.

thank u for staying with me throughout all of red tulips.

i love u<3

as always, stay happy and healthy🤍