043

Hwayoung

Hwayoung

"Jimin," I whispered with a nervous smile on my lips, only to receive another stone-cold glare from him.

"Where's Bong-Cha and Jungkook?" Jimin inquired as he placed his hands in his front pockets.

"Oh, t-they left," I cleared my throat.

Stop stuttering so much, it's Jimin.

"I see." He nodded awkwardly before grabbing his things. "I should do that as well."

"Wait." I grabbed his wrist.

"What," he snappped.

What's wrong with him? Did I say something? No, I couldn't have because we haven't had a proper conversation since he walked through the front door.

"Okay, what's your problem?" I let go of him, only to cross my arms over my chest. "You've been all distant and weird today."

"Nothing, Hwayoung," he sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" I gasped and uncrossed my arms.

He's acting like a petulant child.

"Too late," he taunted. "Why don't you go to Jungkook and tell him all about it?"

"Jungkook?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yeah, when were you going to tell me that you were his girlfriend by the way?"

"WHAT!" I shrieked.

"You heard me," he scowled and clenched his jaw as he looked to his side.

"First of all, tone down the attitude." I was already annoyed at this point.

"I thought you- or that we-" he sighed.

"Jimin! Stop. I wasn't done," I sighed. "Second of all, Jungkook and I are most certainly not dating, alright? I don't like him like that, and he doesn't like me that way either. He's just incredibly flirty." I shook my head.

"You're not dating him?" I heard him whisper.

"No, Jimin," I quickly denied. "And even if I was, why would you ignore me like that and be all rude, anyway?" I looked down at my hands.

His hand slowly reached out for one of mine. Our cold rings juxtaposing the warmth of our skin-ship.

"I'm sorry, little flower," He whispered, his gaze finding mine. This time, his brown eyes weren't cold like ice but warm, like him.

He audibly sighed and ran his other hand through his hair.

"I just saw his arm around you and looking at you like that and the way he talked to you... and I lost it." He shook his head. "But I'm sorry, I was being an ass."

"Yeah, you were." I met his gaze. "Just talk to me next time instead of getting unnecessarily angry," I sighed.

"I promise, I will. I'm sorry Hwayoung." He tightened his grip on my hand.

"Just to be clear, I don't like him and he doesn't like me," I reassured.

He nodded slightly.

"And what does that matter anyway? It's not like you like me," I teased as I observed his body language shift.

Of course it occurred to me that he was jealous, but if he was, I wanted him to admit it.

Whenever I thought a guy could possibly be interested in me, reality set in. Reminding me that I was never the one they looked at, just a mere stepping stone.

"What? Of course I don't!" He quickly denied and let go of my hand.

Ouch.

"You're cute Hwayoung, but we're just friends," he chuckled awkwardly.

And just like every other time, reality set in.

"Oh. Yeah, I know you don't," I chuckled to hide the slight pain in my chest.

"Wait, you do?" He stopped in his tracks.

"Yeah, I- I was only joking." I faked a smile.

"Right." He nodded and looked back at the door. "Well, I should probably get going," Jimin smiled tightly at me.

"Oh, okay."

My phone started ringing, interrupting the tense atmosphere. I fumbled around looking for it before I answered the call.

"Oh hey Yoongi, what's up?"

"Hey Hwayoung-ie. I won't be able to make it tonight. The streets are frozen and they're not letting anyone drive to avoid any car accidents."

"Oh." I quickly glanced at Jimin, who gave me a worried look in return. "Um, well okay. Stay safe please, call me when you can."

"Of course. Take care of yourself."

"You too."

We hung up and I quickly checked to see if Hobi, Bong-Cha and Jungkook arrived home.

They all had sent me messages once they got home, and I visibly relaxed.

They're all safe.

I quickly looked up at Jimin to see him already putting his coat on.

"Wait!" I placed my hand on top of his, stopping him from zipping his coat all the way up.

"What is it?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Um, I think you're going to have to stay the night. The streets are frozen and they're not letting anyone drive." I quickly let go of his zipper and our eyes locked on each other's again.

"Oh." He nodded slowly. "Well-" he paused as he took off his coat and scarf. "What are we going to do now?"

"A game?" I suggested with a hopeful smile.

"A drinking game?" He smirked.

"Sure," I shrugged. I made my way towards the kitchen and grabbed some booze before I walked towards the living room, where Jimin waited for me.

If we were going to get past today and all this awkwardness, it sure as hell won't be sober.

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
author's note:

OHOHOH NEXT CHAPTER IS COMINGGGG HUHUUUUU

so sorry i'm late to update tonight🥺
i was studying ALL day, and i still feel like i should've studied more :/

but anyway, i hope u all liked this chapter.

it's all clear that jk and her are nOT a thing phew

what do u think will happen in the next chapter? i'm curious👀

i'll update it later tonight🤓

i love u, stay safe🤍