Chapter 5

"You look cute. Remember to loosen up a bit." Becky coached as she continued to lay my baby hairs. She had her older sister Briana do our makeup and I barely recognized myself when she finished. I'm wearing this nice skin-tight black dress Becky loaned me. She also gave me some super cute gold glitter looking boots to match. Heels weren't my thing, but I'm working it tonight.

My confidence was on a thousand and that was all thanks to my best friend Becky. "Thanks, for everything Beck." I told her genuinely meaning it. "Girl, I been told you I got you." She said embracing me for a hug. "And you look the fuck good!" She added. "Thank you. You look good yourself." I said complementing her cute outfit. She was dressed in this nice velvet maxi dress her makeup was on point and her inches were hanging down to her butt.

She topped the whole outfit off with this black leather biker jacket and black thigh high boots. "Thanks, pooh." She said before we grabbed our purses and headed out. The Uber ride to our destination was about a good 30 minutes. We got there pretty quickly without all the extra traffic. "Remember what I said L, loosen up, have fun." She preached to me as we pulled up to the party.

"I remember girl. Now come on." I hopped out on the right side of the Uber, pulling my dress down. There were a few folks standing outside. Becky and I continued to proceed into the party. The loud music was pumping, people were on the dance floor and disco lights were going off. You could smell the strong scent of weed smoke in the air passing through the crowd.

"You see Travis anywhere?" I asked Becky looking around the packed party. "No, Not yet." She responded while looking around trying to spot him, but she couldn't. "How about we go get some margaritas?" She suggested looking over at me with a rush of happiness printed out on her face. Her words began replaying in my head. "Loosen up."

"Yeah. Let's go." I said after thinking twice. A smile appeared on her face. We made our way towards the bar. A few dudes were sitting by the bar, ordering drinks. "Yes, can my friend and I have two apple margaritas with a vodka shot on the side please." Becky said to the dude behind the counter. "Yep! Coming right up, will that be all pretty lady?" He asked giving her a huge smile.

You could tell he was flirting with my sis. "Yes, that's all." She assured him before turning to face me. "Thirsty!" She blurted, causing me to crack up. "Real thirsty." I said in agreement with her. A few seconds later the guy came back with our drinks and placed them in front of us. Becky picked up her shot glass first and I did the same. "Cheers to, tonight, and loosen up." She spoke over the music before clicking our glasses together.

I tilted my head back and guzzled the vodka down. "Ah! That's nasty." I stated after the burning sensation left my chest. "That's vodka for you...now drink the margarita. It'll help." Becky assured me and I did as I was instructed. "Body" by Summer Walker began pumping through the speakers and god knows, this is my shit. "I've been all in my phone I got options..." I began singing along to the lyrics. "Let's go dance!" Becky pulled me towards the dance floor before I could give her a response.

I didn't mind though. That vodka shot and this margarita had me feeling nice. "Oh, how long can you go, baby?" I kept singing while swaying my hips to the music. Becky followed my pace little did we know eyes were on us. We kept swaying our hips together and winding on each other until the song died out. "Bitch!" Becky hugged my waist, walking off the dance floor. "That was fun." I told her smiling. She nodded her head in agreement. I'm glad I came to this party tonight and that I let loose.

I'm vibing and actually having fun. Soon after one of the bottle girls came walking up towards Becky and I. "Hey. Travis says you two should come up to VIP." She said pointing to the decent sized upper level area. I didn't even realize there was an upstairs here. "Ok. Thanks." Becky said slipping the bottle girl a small smile. "Do I still look good?" She turned around asking me. "As good as ever friend!" I said hyping her. It wasn't a lie neither. We made our way towards the stairs in order to get into the VIP section. We saw Travis assuring the security guard that it was cool for us to come in.

Becky rushed over to him and began sucking his face off. I guess their exclusive, I thought to myself before taking a seat on the empty sofa. There were three other guys in the section as well. One was tall, dark skin with a nose ring and a fade. The other had nice long braids, he had to be at least 5 foot 10. He's pretty good looking, both of them are to be honest.

But the guy that caught my attention was light skin. He had tattoos on his face, neck and arms. He was average height, but definitely taller than me. He was dripped down in icy chains and a nice Gucci fit. I might not own any name brand myself, but I sure can spot them. I looked away after a minute of starring him down. I didn't want dude thinking I was some type of creep. He is fine as hell, but I knew a girl like me would never get a chance with a fine dude like him. I never even had a real boyfriend—shit, your girl still a whole virgin out here.

And no, I'm not embarrassed about it, because I don't want just any nigga taking my virginity. Waiting for the right one isn't an issue for me.