Chapter 12

(Few days later...fast forwarded)

I've been out of the hospital for a little while and I was somewhat recovered from the horrible events that took place. Here I was sitting in the nicely setup living room.

Yea that's right, Zay insisted I come and stay with him at his place. At first I was so iffy I told him I was ok with staying with Becky but he just wasn't trying to hear that.

I think in some weird way he feels guilty for what happened, but none of it was his fault.

Since then he's bought me a cellphone, the iPhone X to be more specific. I told him he really didn't need to do that but he insisted on that as well.

Along with buying me a whole new wardrobe and paying for my hospital bill.

I really couldn't thank this man enough for everything's he's done, shit he's done more for me than my own mother has in the last 9 years.

"You good?" He asked coming from upstairs.

His house was super nice and big! It was gated off and all his expensive cars were lined up out front.

He had 4 bedrooms, 3 upstairs and 1 downstairs. 2 bathrooms, a decent sized kitchen and a huge living room. He was truly living lavish in my eyes.

"Yea, I'm ok, just bored." I told him while playing with my freshly manicured nails. "Wanna go out tonight?" He asked taking a seat beside me.

"L-Like what? The club?" I asked him.

"Nah. Like a date." He said looking over at me. Did this man just ask me on a whole date? I thought to myself while feeling my cheeks heat up.

I have never been asked on a date before, so this feeling was all new to me. "Ok. I'd like that."

I assured him while slipping him a smile. "Bet. Just wear something dressy and be ready by 7:30." He said while getting up from the couch and making a phone call.

He was such a business man.

He told me about the clubs he owned out in Miami and I thought it was pretty cool, but wasn't a fan of strips clubs even if I never been to one.

He did also tell me about the other lifestyle he lived and of course I had my concerns. He was in the same field of work as my father and shit like that is what got him killed.

I didn't want that to be Zay, I cared for this boy a lot. I know we've only been knowing each other for some weeks and we currently live together but somehow I feel like god placed him in my life at the right time and for the right reasons. I just hope he doesn't let me down.

I scrolled through my Instagram account looking at a few posts in my newsfeed. I never had a Instagram page before a cellphone, but the minute I got one Becky was bugging me about making an account.

That girl was too much, but I loved her like she was my blood sister. Her loyalty ran real deep. She always had me back and I could call on her for anything.