Chapter 52

(Some weeks later...)

"I feel so fat." I blurted looking into the mirror. Today I am 8 months pregnant.

My big poking belly stood out, my feet were even more swollen then before, my face was so chubby.

I felt like I was carrying around watermelons on my chest.

"You look beautiful. Stop it." Becky said looking at me as we got ready.

Tonight is my baby shower and although I'm really not feeling up to it, I've been planning this moment for two long months.

Izaiah and I also had a long debate while trying to pick the baby's name.

After weeks of disagreeing, we both came to an understanding on one name.

Since then I've moved back into the house and we are certainly taking things one step at a time.

He's been very helpful and tending to my needs, he doesn't stay out all late and we've been spending a lot of time together, trying to rekindle our relationship.

It felt good to be working it out with him because deep down I couldn't let him go.

He's like a drug you don't want to stop taking, he knew every part of me emotionally and physically.

We had something between us that couldn't be let go of. "I just can't wait to meet my god baby." Becky said placing kisses on my stomach.

We finally had our daughter's god parents picked out as well, of course I chose Becky as the god mother.

Not because she's my best friend, but because I know for a fact if something were to ever happen to me or Izaiah she's the first one to come running.

I trust her with my whole entire life and I'm certain I can trust her with my daughter's as well.

As for the god father, that was left to Zay and I meant that. After weeks of me being on his back, he finally came to a decision.

He asked Dex if he would do him the honor of being baby girls god father and well, Dex expected with joy and gratitude.

Dex grew up taking care of his twin baby sisters so when it came to babies and kids, he had well enough experience.

He was also the ride or die type, if you called on him in any situation he was coming without a thought.

"Just a few more weeks." I told Becky sighing.

Yes I've been having a good pregnancy, but I was starting to feel like I had no control over my body.

My boobs always hurt and my back would feel like little sharp needles were poking me.

I was so ready to skip through the end of my 3rd trimester and give birth to this baby already.

I continued looking at myself in the mirror, my makeup looked really nice it complimented the colors of my dress.

My hair was freshly done in a blonde 613 blunt cut lace frontal bob.

My white dress cupped my boobs and fluffed out at the ends, purple butterflies detailed the dress beautifully.

After observing myself one last time to shake the insecure thoughts from my head, it was time to head out. A knock came at the door and Becky went to check who it was.

"L, ima see you there, you look so beautiful." She said hugging me one last time.

She left and Izaiah came walking in behind her.