Chapter 29

Waking up I was still drained. I spent all day and night at my soon to be open for business hair salon. I hired Lizzie to get some nice professional decor for the shop. I made sure all construction work was dealt with by the best.

Becky and I interviewed people for positions at the shop, so far everything's been good and smooth. I'm actually happy to have this shop now because it gives me something to do and keeps me busy. I don't know how I'll ever repay Izaiah.

I got out of bed heading straight for the joint bathroom in our bedroom. "Hey you, Morning." Zay said catching me completely off guard. "Morning to you too." I said walking over to where he was standing and hugging him.

"I didn't know you got in last night, I would of waited up for you." I told him picking up my toothbrush and running the hot water on it. "Don't trip, it's cool ma." He said hugging me from behind and placing kisses on the back of my neck.

"How's the shop going?" He asked taking a small step back so I could finish brushing my teeth. "Uh, everything's been good. Lizzie has the decor looking good as usual, Becky and I interviewed a few girls, everything's good babe." I assured him with a small smile.

"That's good. I'm glad my baby's happy." He said kissing my lips "I am happy, very happy." I said smiling in between kisses. I loved how affectionate this man was towards me, always making me smile, laugh and surprising me when I least expect it.

We both left the bathroom and headed downstairs to our living room. It's been about two weeks since Lizzie had the designers come and fix up the place, and I couldn't even lie it looked really good.

We had one big sectional grey couch, a nice wooden coffee table with artificial flowers on top, and two floor seating pillows on each side. Our couches had nice cushions seated in them that matched the color of our living room theme. We also added a small area rug because we felt it would look good with everything else in the living room.

We also had a 50 inch flat screen tv hung up on the wall for entertainment. Zay and I both agreed that this was definitely our style, not too much but something chill and presentable.

We headed into the kitchen a few minutes later to look at everything that was now inside of it

We headed into the kitchen a few minutes later to look at everything that was now inside of it. Izaiah hasn't really seen much of the house because he's barely home, but I didn't let that bother me.

I understood that he was a man about his business and money needed to be made. Although our living room might be simple and chill our kitchen on the other hand—was huge. The kitchen was my place I learned how to cook more and I loved how it felt like my comfort zone.

"Damn. Dis' dope as fuck." Zay said touching the marble counters. "Right, Liz know her stuff." I said smirking. Our kitchen had nice wooden tiles that matched the ones in the living room. We had our island remodeled to something more fashionable.

The stove was brand new and all black, it was also electric that was a must have for me and our cabinets were sandy white. I loved everything and couldn't thank Lizzie enough for all the hard work she's done to get our new home looking so good.

"So you like everything?" I asked Izaiah as I took things out the refrigerator to get breakfast started

"So you like everything?" I asked Izaiah as I took things out the refrigerator to get breakfast started. "Hell yea, everything so dope." He said taking a seat at the island and watching me do my thing in the kitchen.

I settled on whipping up some scrambled eggs with cheese, French toast and some OJ. After I finished cooking I placed our food on the island and took a seat across him. "Ohh, you was hungry hungry?" I said laughing at how fast he bussed down his eggs. "You know a nigga love food." He said taking a sip of his orange juice.

"I know I'm just messing with you." I assured him finishing up my food. We sat there longer even after we both finished the food on our plates.

"You know we've been living together for a minute and dating..." he said licking his lips, I loved when he did that. "Yea I know." I told him giving him my full attention. "I know you've only met my brothers and shit, but I want you to fly to Atlanta with me and meet my grams." He said catching me off guard once again.

"Your grams? As in your grandma?" I asked in total shock. "Yea. It's only right and it's about time...feel me." He said rubbing his hands together. Although Izaiah and I have been living together for almost a year and we've only been dating for eight months, I felt like everything was happening at the right time.

I did meet his brothers and the vibe was cool, and even though his dad is incarcerated I've spoken to him over the phone a few times. He's happy that Izaiah has some guidance in his life now.

"Oh baby I would love to meet your grandma." I said getting up and walking over to him. "Good. Cause she been buggin a nigga." He said laughing "Shutp!" I said playfully rolling my eyes and picking up the empty plates so I could wash the few dishes in the sink.

"When you wanna fly out?" I asked him applying dish washing liquid to the yellow and green sponge. "This weekend. It's her birthday and I wanna surprise her...I haven't spent a birthday with her since—you know, my moms died." He said in a low tone. I finished washing the things in the sink and dried my hands.

"Hey, nothing to be ashamed about. You were hurting and needed time to process things." I assured him kissing his lips.

"You right ma. I love you so much." He said embracing me for a hug. My stomach fluttered at his words. "I love you too baby." I responded to him after breaking our hug.

Everything in my life was going so good and I couldn't be any more grateful. I've come a long way from where I was at before and if my dad was here with me today, I know he would be happy for me as well.

But I'm not gonna lie and act like I don't think about my mother too. Even though she's caused me a lot of hurt and pain I still love her—shit, I still cared for her. I got word that she was up for a parole hearing and I wanted to attend.

I just didn't know how Izaiah himself would feel about me wanting to do that.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Like|comment|share
V O T E ⭐️