Chapter 16

The graduation music played as all of the student at Boston High lined up to receive their diplomas. "Michael Jefferson..." Mrs. Clark our principal called out.

Everyone in the audience was clapping, I was next up to be called. "London Joefield..." I walked up the stairs, shook her and collected my diploma.

"YEA LONDON!" I heard someone in the crowd blurt out, it was Zay. I smiled and made my way off stage and back to where I was seated.

After a few other names got called I was just ready to hear my best friends name. "Rebeca Simon..." Mrs. Clark finally called out.

"Yeaaaa! That's my best friend!" I shouted while clapping. Soon after names were finished being called, the principal had one last thing to say.

"Rise. Ladies and gentlemen of Boston High, please move your tassels from right to left." She said into the mic. All the students did as they were told.

"Congratulations class of 2019...you did it!" She finished saying, and in that moment it hit me, I was officially no longer a high school student.

All the kids threw their graduation caps up in excitement. Becky rushed over to me and we shared a deep hug.

"Congrats ladies." A voice said breaking our hug. It was Zay and he was holding a bouquet of pink flowers wrapped in pretty paper.

"Thanks Zay." Becky said before walking off with Travis. I turned my attention back to Zay.

"These are for you beautiful. I'm proud of you." He said handing me the flowers and placing a kiss on my lips.

"Thank you, they smell good." I said after breaking our short kiss. "We should get going." He told me.

"Isn't Becky and Travis coming with us?" I asked while holding my diploma and flowers in my hand. "Nah they gon meet us." He assured me as we made our way threw the side exit of the nice hall.

The ride to wherever we were going wasn't far at all, we arrived to the location in about 10 minutes. We both hopped out and I adjusted my pants.

"After you." Izaiah said coming around to the passenger side of his BMW.

I made my way into the restaurant that I assumed we were eating at and he followed close behind me.

"T-" before I could finish talking to the hostess Zay stopped me. "We not eating here?" I asked him confusingly. "Follow me." Was all he said.

I followed him down the stairs while still checking out our surroundings.

As we made it down the last flight of stairs I saw a banner that read "CONGRATULATIONS London! 2019 graduate." A big smile appeared on my face. Long tables were setup with nice blue and white decor.

A few familiar faces were seated at the tables. Dex, Travis, Becky, her sister and a couple of others. "You did all this, didn't you?" I questioned amazed turning to Zay.

All he did was give me a big smile, this boy just lived for making me happy and I was here for it.

We took a seat at the table where Becky and Travis, and a few other of Izaiah's friends were seated. "London these are my brothers, Iman and Corey." He said pointing to the two guys who were dressed nicely.

They smelled like money.

Iman looked a lot like Izaiah, expect he was a bit shorter and had a flat top. Corey on the other hand was kind of chubby, but he still looked well put together.

He was darker too and he had a simple fade. I'm guessing Corey looked more like their dad and Zay and Iman got their looks from their mom.

"Nice to meet y'all." I said slipping them a smile. "You too, we heard all about you." Iman said. Corey was more quite but he returned a smile so I didn't consider him rude or anything.