Chapter 42

(2 Months Later...)

I woke up in the bed feeling around for Izaiah but I could no longer feel his body next to me. I rolled my eyes because he's been doing this for the past month now. Getting out of bed in the middle of night or early in the morning and just locking himself downstairs.

I've asked him if something's bothering him, but he tells me the same ole plain answer every time. He's fine and just needs to finish some work related things. I'm no fool though. I sat up in the bed checking my phone.

I had all these text messages and notifications, my friends were wishing me a happy birthday and even a few people I didn't know. Yea that's right, ya girl is officially 19 years old today. The only thing I had planned for the day was going to visit Bernice, my mother.

I got up out of bed and began fixing the sheets. I fluffed up the few pillows and pulled the thick big blanket down some. I walked into the bathroom and flicked on the lights to begin my usual routine.

After my shower I left the bathroom and started looking for a simple outfit. My hair or anything else wasn't done, but everything would be on fleek later. I pulled out a grey sweatsuit from the closet and grabbed my Gucci sneakers and Gucci bag.

I brushed my natural hair up into a neat bun and sprayed some body mist on. I walked out of the bedroom and headed for the stairs but stopped in my tracks. There was a trail of pink rose petals going down the flight of the stairs and I followed it. It lead me to the kitchen where there were breakfast pans with eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, biscuits and mini muffins.

Pink and green balloons hung from the ceiling and there were at least 10 different vases on the counters full of pink roses. "Happy birthday princess." Zay said walking up behind me. I blushed hard as we shared a kiss. "Thank you! This is all so nice." I told him while sticking my nose into the nice smelling roses. "Glad you like it cause I'm just getting started. Sit." He said pulling out a chair for me.

"I told you my birthdays aren't a big deal." I sat down in front of the pan filled with my favorite sausages. "Yea, but you know ima still do what I wanna do." He said making our plates. I laughed because he was being honest. You couldn't stop this boy from doing whatever he wanted to do. You could literally beg him to not do nothing too crazy or over the top, he was still gonna do it just to put a smile on your face.

"Well, thank you." I said taking a bite of the mini blueberry muffin. "You not getting your hair and stuff done?" He questioned digging into his plate. "I am, what I look ugly or sumn?" I asked jokingly. "Hell nah baby girl, I was just asking." I smiled and continue eating my food. My phone buzzed and I seen a text from Becky, telling me she was outside.

"Becky's here." I said getting up from the stool. "You still going huh?" He asked with his head to the side. "Babe, you know I need to do this. I keep pushing it off and I'm ready to just get it over with." I told him walking closer towards him. "Hey I promise I won't let her talk to me crazy like I'm still the same London she use to abuse." I told him touching his chin.

"Aight. Just be safe." He said grabbing my face and kissing my lips passionately. "I will. See you later?" I said looking into his nice light eyes. "Oh yea. You got way more gifts coming." He said giving me another kiss. "I love you so much." I said walking towards the front door. "I love you more girl." He blurted out causing me to chuckle at his silliness. I made it out the house and into Becky's car.

"Birthday bitchhhh!" Becky greeted with excitement in her voice. I laughed "Hey pooh." I said and fasten my seatbelt. She pulled off and headed for the highway. This ride was only an hour long so Becky agreed to come with me and be my support for today.