Chapter 7

Today's Monday, which means back to reality. I slammed my locker shut and headed towards English class.

"Yo!" A voice behind me called out. I didn't pay it no mind since I figured the person wasn't speaking to me. "Yo! You." The voice said again getting closer.

I turned around and Travis stood in front of me. Travis was a nice looking dude, he was brown skinned with hazel eyes and nice curly hair. He had to be mixed with something.

"What's up Travis? Where's Becky?" I said looking at him wondering where she was at. She missed first period today and since I didn't have a phone or any other resource I couldn't hit her up.

"She cool, she at my place. She ain't feeling too good." He assured me. "Really? She sick or something?" I asked growing concerned.

"Yea, them drinks fucked her up. This ain't what I stopped you for though." He said signaling me to follow him out of school.

"Why you gotta talk to me outside of school Travis?"
I asked him confusingly looking around and checking my surroundings.

"Chill, I ain't tryna hurt you or do no funny shit. He wanna talk to you." Travis said pointing to the Green tinted Lamborghini truck.

"Who's he?" I asked Travis wondering who the hell would want to talk to me. I didn't know a soul that drove nice foreign cars, at all.

"Go find out." Travis said walking off. I hesitated for a while, but just settled on going to see who it was and what they could possibly want.

I tapped on the all black tinted windows and they rolled down. My eyes widen when I saw who was behind the wheels.

Zay, the fine dude from the party on Saturday.

"W-What you doing here? H-How did you find me?" I said stuttering from shock.

"Hop in." Was all he said while continuing to roll his blunt up. "Uhhh, I don't think I should be skipping class." I told him honestly.

He looked back over me with a lusty look. "I'll have you back before dismissal shorty." He stated. I looked back at the school doors then hopped into his nice car.

It smelled just like him, and weed of course. "So what's up?" I asked looking over at him. He pulled off before saying anything. "Wait, where are you taking me?"

I asked curiously. "We playing twenty-one questions now?" He asked me while looking over at me real quick.

I chuckled because he was tryna pull a me ON ME!

"Cute, where are we going?" I asked him once again.
"I wanna apologize for that girl the other night, she was tripping." He told me while switching lanes on the highway.

"It's aight, just tell your girlfriend we don't even know each other like that." I told him sternly.

"Woah. She ain't my girl." He blurted holding his right hand up.

I was relieved with what I had just heard. Good to know he's on the market. "Oh. Ok then." I said as he continued to drive and smoke his blunt.

I was looking out the window trying to see where we were possibly headed but I had no clue, not even one.

About 20 minutes later we pulled into the parking lot of Freddys seafood plaza. "Oh my god! I always wanted to eat here." I said growing excited.

"It's ya lucky day then." He said causing me to blush.

We got out and made our way into the restaurant and was seated shortly after. "You know you didn't have to right?" I said referring to him bringing me out to eat as an apology or whatever.

"I know, I wanted to." He said picking up his menu. I took a glimpse of him before picking up my menu and going through it. Few minutes later a waiter came over to take our orders.

"Let me get the seafood turf n' surf, crispy French fries, and a raspberry lemonade." Zay said to the nice waiter.

"Ok no problem, and what will you be having Ms?" The waiter asked looking over at me.

"Uh, I'll have lobster and shrimp Alfredo with a wild berry slushy." I said handing him my menu. "Ok will that be all?" He asked us writing in his notepad.

"Yea." Zay assured him.

We talked some more before our food came out. "So how old are you?" I asked after taking a sip of my tasty slushy.

"I'm twenty-two years grown, you?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"I'm eighteen." I told him honestly. "I'll be nineteen soon  though." I assured him.

He licked his nice pink lips before responding.

"Ohhh, so you a Virgo huh?" He asked taking a bite of his French fries.

"Yup! What's your sign?" I asked continuing the conversation.

"Ima Scorpio. Gang shit!" He said causing me to scuff. "What? You don't like us fine ass Scorpios?" He asked looking into my eyes once again.

You could feel that unknown connection between us. "I didn't say that." I said laughing.

The rest of the time spent in the restaurant was cool, I didn't even realize it was going on 5:00 in the afternoon.

"Shit!" I said blurting out looking at the clock.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked sounding concerned. "Nothing, I just gotta get home." I told him being trying not to panic.

My mom is gonna kill me, I was suppose to be home at 4:30pm on the dot.

"Ok. We can roll out." He said pulling out his wallet and placing a hundred dollar bill in the check. We quickly walked back to his truck and got in.

I gave him directions to my house and we made our way there. On my way home I was hoping and praying my mother wouldn't be home.

I didn't want her ruining my good day, but I knew she would.

We pulled up the the red brick house and I unbuckled my seat belt. "Thanks for today. And I accept your apology, Zay." I said giving him a small smile then hopping out.

He watched me go into my house then sped off.

Soon after I was in the house I fell straight to the floor. My mom launched the mini heater that was in the living room right at me.

I held my head in pain, when I checked my fingers there was blood on them.

"Skipping class, coming home late huh?" She yelled walking closer to me. "M-Ma I'm sorry." I said with fear in my voice. The pain left my head pounding.

"Sorry huh? Oh you will be bitch!" She said storming over to me and grabbing me by my hair.

"HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES I GOTTA TELL YOU THAT YOU AINT GROWN LITTLE BITCH!?" She yelled out while choking me.

I was beginning to go unconscious when the front door flew open and Zay was standing there looking at the scene.

"GET THE FUCK OUT MY HOUSE!" Was the last thing I heard before completely passing out.