Chapter 10

"I'll give you two a minute." Becky said before hugging me and leaving the room.

Izaiah tood there looking like a snack, but you could see the sadness printed on his face. He looked sorry for me and my messed up situation.

"How you feeling?" He asked sitting some more flowers down. "I—I'm ok...trying to be." I assured him.

He gave me a slight smile before pulling up a chair next to the hospital bed.

"Thank you for saving my life." I told him in all honesty. He's the reason why my mom didn't beat me to death that afternoon.

He's the reason I got another chance at life. I don't know how I could ever repay this man.

"Don't thank me, just get better." He said looking up and down at me. We sat in the room in complete silence before either one of us said anything else.

"I just want you to know your moms can't hurt you anymore. She's gonna get her karma London." He said holding my hand.

I wanted to believe him but I just still couldn't process everything, it was a fresh wound.

"M-My mom, is she really in jail?" I asked him. He let out a deep sigh. "Yea she is, her hearing ain't for another couple of weeks though, so she gon be in there for a min." He said while leaning back in the chair.

I didn't know if I was suppose to be happy or cry because I was now completely alone in this world.

I took in what he said slowly. "Where am I going to live? My mom provided me with a roof over my head Zay. I'm only eighteen. No car, no money, no family." I said looking at him with hurt on my face.

He lifted my chin up with his index finger so we could lock eyes. "Look don't worry about none of that London, I know we barely know each other and shit, but I got you." He assured me while we continuing to look into my eyes.

His words were very believable, but I didn't know how to feel about the

He saved my life so in my book, he was man enough and had my respect. The doctor came in clearing his throat to make his presence known.

"Sup doc." Zay said sticking his hands into his pocket.

I prepared myself mentally to hear all the things the doctor would have to say. Weather it was good or bad, I was ready for it.