Chapter 39

I woke up feeling anxious, not the bad kind either. You know that feeling when your so excited about what's about to happen. Kind of feeling like a little kid on Christmas morning eager to open all your presents. I got out of bed and headed straight to the bathroom to start my hygiene and morning routine.

Today was the grand opening for my salon and I had absolutely no time to fool around. I took a 15 minute shower, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I wrapped myself inside my towel and walked towards the closet.

I put together a outfit and placed it on the bed. I sat at my vanity and began doing my hair and makeup. I started having flashbacks of my dad and I while getting ready. To be honest both my parents were good people, at least before my dad died. I remember being a very happy little girl.

My mom showed me the upmost love and my father, he spoiled me rotten, but after he died my mother just changed. A complete 360 like I was no longer her flesh and blood or something. I remember after my daddy's funeral she beat me so bad when we got home. I had bruises on my back and stomach for weeks. Then she would leave me days without showering.

I wish I could go back in time and change whatever I did to make her so angry. I love my mom so much and wish her and I had a better relationship, but no. Instead she's laying up in some prison cell, probably cold, sick and lonely. I think about going to see her all the time since I never attended her parole hearing, but I just can't find the courage to.

I can't sit across from her and act like she didn't scar me...act like she didn't mentally and physically abuse me. I pushed my thoughts to the back of my head because I heard my phone going off. It was a call from Izaiah.

"Hey baby." I said placing the phone on speaker. "Wassup baby girl what you doing?" He asked on the other end of the phone. "Just doing my hair and makeup. You know I have to be at the shop early." I said flat ironing my freshly installed wig. "I know. It's finna be litty later, I can't wait to see everything you did." He said on his end. "I just hope everyone likes it and supports me to the fullest." I said with some doubt in my voice.

"Aye aye, leave all that doubting in the house. Yo shop gonna be a success and you have nothing but support behind you ma." He said assuring me. I chuckled and looked at myself in the mirror.

Zay was right, I'm not the same London that I once was. I'm turning into a responsible, beautiful, mature young lady. My past cannot define what my future will be. Neither can my mother Berniece. "You're right baby...thank you." I said back into the phone. "That's what I'm here for. Now finish doing what you doing and try not to overthink today okay?" He said on the other end of the call.

"Ok, I won't. I'll see you later at the shop babe." I told him picking up my phone and taking it off speaker. "Alright ma. Drive safe, see you later, love you." He said. "I will love you too." I said back into the phone and our call disconnected.

I got up from my vanity and walked over to the bed in my white robe. I began placing body oil on my skin and started getting dressed. Izaiah is definitely right that I don't need to be overthinking today and I do indeed have a lot of support behind me and my shop.

I slipped on my white dress and my low top dior sneakers. I threw on my custom denim jacket I had made a few weeks ago and added some shades and a pink purse as accessories. I sprayed myself with some perfume and made my way downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen to pick out some car keys but there weren't any, just a note

"No driving daddy's car today lol. Go check outside. LOVE YA!
Zay"

I blushed hard at the note and walked outside to the garage. When I made it out the house I was totally taken away by the scene. There was a brand new all black Range Rover sitting in the driveway with a big red bow on top, there was also another note attached to the car. I walked over and grabbed the note to read it while shaking a little.

"Ps. Big success cause for big celebrations. Anything for you baby girl.
Zay"

This man always outdoes himself to the fullest, like a brand new car—I would have never even imagined, and just because I'm about to open my own shop...like wow. I pulled out my cell phone and went straight to his contact name to call him on FaceTime. The phone rang 2 times before he picked up and I quickly flipped my camera.

"When d—" He cut me off in the middle of my whole sentence. "Your welcome, it's yours, enjoy it." He said causing me to blush ten times harder. "Babe, I really cannot thank you enough for everything you do for me but...THANK YOU." I said trying not to get emotional.

"Ima always show you how much you mean to me. The guard got the key, go take that bitch for a drive, I'll see you soon ma." He said as we wrapped up our FaceTime call. This man definitely deserves nothing but the best, with all the things he's done for me. Not just buying me expensive and nice things, but loving me, showing me that I'm worth so much more than what I used to be, having my back and making me feel like I matter.

I recorded a video of the car and posting it to both my Instagram and Snapchat story. I walked over to the guard and he handed me the keys with no hesitation, I thanked him and headed back towards the car to get in.

Man, I'm not even 19 yet and I got my own wheels. I'm thankful, really. If I was still in high school all the girls at the school would be hating and throwing so much shade right now. I buckled my seatbelt, pulled out the yard and onto the road.

I was now in the best mood ever and I was ready to turn up at this grand opening, meet new people and show everyone something that I've been working hard on these last couple of months. Absolutely nothing could rain on this girls parade.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Like|comment|share
V O T E🌟