Chapter 30

Becky and I sat in my living room sipping on red wine and bumping summer walkers album on YouTube that played from the flat screen tv on the wall.

My girl and I needed this the most, she's been helping me out with my shop nonstop and going to class everyday. She needed this drink and unwind time more than I did if you asked me. "So what's up with you?" She asked pouring herself some more wine into the wine glasses I had recently bought.

"Girl nothing much. Besides the shop I'm just chilling." I told her honestly. "I'm so happy for you L, like seriously. I can't wait for your grand opening." She said being genuinely happy for me.

"Thanks Beck, just know I appreciate everything you've been doing." I told her "Girl don't sweat it, you my girl and that's what best friends are for." She said checking her phone briefly.

"I-I...Uh, been thinking about going to my moms parole meeting that's coming up." I said then finished chugging down the rest of my wine.

"WHAT? London are you crazy?" Becky asked placing her glass down on the coffee table. "No I'm not crazy, I just want to see her. It's been five months since the whole incident." I said looking away to keep the tears from falling down my eyes.

I know what my mom did wasn't ok, in fact I'm still hurting for all the other times she's put her hands on me or verbally abused me. "Look, you know I'm only looking out for you. Your mom did things to you a mother should never do to their child. I know you love her and all, but if she cared about you she wouldn't have done what she's done to you and for so long at that."

Becky stated while I just listened. I mean she wasn't wrong at all. She had a good point.

"I just want closure. I have dreams at night about what happened that day. I just want closure Beck that's all, I promise." I told her hoping she would understand. "I mean I get it L, but do you think that's a good idea?" She asked looking directly at me.

She was one person who could read me like a book. "No I don't think it's a good idea, but I'll never move forward until she tells me why she did me so wrong.

I'm her only child, and yet she mistreated me constantly." I said growing emotional talking about the situation. "Come here." Becky said pulling me in for a hug.

"Look whatever you decide to do I'm right beside you...and if you need me there for support then I'll be there." She said breaking our hug. "Thanks Beck. I love you." I told her honestly.

"I love you too girl, now wipe yo tears...this ain't no sad party." She said picking up her wine glass. I laughed because she always knew what to say to get me laughing or put on a simple smile.

I'm truly happy for the people I have in my life right now, their all so good to me and I had to find a way to show them that they were really appreciated.

The Next Day

"What's the word?" I said answering my phone. "Yea, ya boy finally did some talking Z." Dex said into the other end of the call. "Oh really? That's what I like. I'll be by the trap around 4." I said before ending the phone conversation.

After a week of being tied up, beaten and not given any food this little nigga CJ decided to talk. Now I know better than to just listen to whatever came out his mouth, so whatever he told me I would of course have it checked out to make sure that mother fucker wasn't being funny.

It was only three days before London and I had to fly to Atlanta. I wasn't too excited for this trip, but I was in a good mood about it.

I haven't seen my grams and them since my moms died and I know she's upset at me for that. I just hope she understood that I had to leave and do something for myself.

Even though I never went back home I made sure my grandma was set, all her bills were paid on time, she had her own personal driver even though she always says she doesn't mind taking the bus.

I got mad love for my family, but a nigga had to get his mind right after loosing someone who brought him into this world. Before heading to the trap I had one quick stop to make.

After reaching my destination I turned the engine in my truck off and hopped out. I waisted no time walking up the stairs and knocking on the door.

Soon after she stood in front of me in just a thin ass robe. "Mane, why you always gotta be naked?" I asked screwing up my face "Well hello to you too!" She said moving back and letting me inside her crib.

"I only came to drop yo money off. Nice work the other night." I told Samantha handing her the brown envelope with money.

"I told you I didn't want your money." She said pushing the envelope back. "Samantha we not doing this, a deal is a deal. You did your part now I'm doing mine." I said pushing the envelope back to her.

"Yea, but five minutes with you would be sooo much better than this envelope daddy." She said taking the brown envelope and placing it on her kitchen counter.

She walked closer to me while undoing her robe. "Sam chill out." I told her trying to back up "You still gon front and act like you don't miss all this?" She asked dropping her robe to the floor and exposing her naked body to me.

"I have a girl! I love her and you know that." I stated honestly while she still kissed my neck and cheeks. "Aww, how cute...what your little girlfriend doesn't know won't hurt her baby. Remember you did it to me all those times?" She said moving her hand down to my jeans.

"Stop!" I shouted out as I pushed her back off me. "I did things with other bitches while dealing with you because you wasn't my girl. London on the other hand, I love her, like I said!" I turned around and heading for the door. "I'm gonna get you back Zay, even if I have to hurt feelings along the way. That's a promise." She said sounding like a whole crazy bitch.

"Mane you buggin." I told her walking out her house and back to my truck. Samantha nor no other bitch was worth me betraying the real woman I had at home. I started my truck up and headed to the trap.